Re: Lol wait, so you now need to "ask to be woohoo partners"?

by LyssSimpatico

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Lol wait, so you now need to "ask to be woohoo partners"?

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

And why is it in the "Friendly" menu??

Call me crazy, but hasn't the WooHoo option ALWAYS involved asking the sim first?

And since when has asking you if you're * something you'd expect one of your friends to do rather than a romantic interest?

What does this extra step add? It just seems incredibly pointless and needlessly confusing since now you need to go into multiple socialize menus to flirt.

Message 1 of 14 (19,657 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

@Backstabbath88  No, you don't "need" to, this option was added for Aromantic Sims. See the blog post for more informaiton: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/news/sexual-orientation-in-the-sims-4

View in thread

Message 7 of 14 (19,359 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Novice
@Backstabbath88 i think it's kind of like a friends with benefits situation-- no romantic feelings!
Message 2 of 14 (19,585 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@realdoctorMD FWB isn't aromantic, it just means you have an agreement that you aren't exclusive.
Message 3 of 14 (19,572 Views)

★★★ Novice
@Backstabbath88 that's essentially what i meant; maybe i should have said no romantic ~attachment~ instead of feelings. however i'm not sure if the definiton of fwb varies by region, but where i'm from, romance isn't involved when you have a fwb arrangement (hence ~friends~ with benefits) which is why it makes sense to me that the woohoo partners is in the friendly category instead of the romantic category. being woohoo partners doesn't entail having to build a romantic relationship with someone. the woohoo option in romance is still there (believe me i checked lmao) but now you can woohoo just as friends with the woohoo partners option and not be in a romantic relationship with them. to each their own, but i know i'll be using this option a lot in my games!
Message 4 of 14 (19,555 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

@realdoctorMDI would argue that what you're talking about still would fall into the category of Romance in the Sims' menu.

Which of these interactions is more likely to be the immediate lead-up to a no-strings-attached FWB situation:

1. Flirting, kissing, embracing them, and then making out

or

2. Asking someone about their day, talking about the weather, and then talking about good spots for fishing

Message 5 of 14 (19,478 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

@Backstabbath88i think it's more about the implications of the actions rather than the actions in and of themselves. when you flirt, kiss, embrace, make out, etc, the romance bar goes up. if you're doing fwb i assume you wouldn't want that (unless you're playing out a storyline where someone catches feelings cause...it's been known to happen lol). i'm not sure what the solution would be to keep the fwb option out of the friendly category AND out of the romance category...it's tough to do "no strings attatched" when you're acting with the intention of being romantic (why having it under romance would be problematic) but also if your sim is woohooing someone then it's not necessarily ~friendly~ (like you said, you probably aren't going straight from talking about local fishing spots to getting into bed). the problem kind of seems to stem from the romance bar going up when romantic interactions are done; the game doesn't recognize the difference between wanting to be partners and wanting to be fwb without them being in separate categories. i'd be curious to see what the sims team had in mind while making this! i couldn't find anything official out there. the best i could find was this interpretation https://bestgamingtips.com/sims-4-woohoo-partners/#:~:text=WooHoo%20Partners%20is%20a%20new,without%....

Edit: the game doesn't recognize the difference between *romantic* partners and fwb

Edit 2 (because i keep thinking of more things lmao): my opinion is definitely warped because i went to a college where fwb situations were incredibly common. it was practically what we were known for by the other colleges in the area and they would all joke about it to tease us. it's not unheard of to me for someone to say they were dtf to someone they weren't romantically interested in.

Message 6 of 14 (19,465 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

@Backstabbath88  No, you don't "need" to, this option was added for Aromantic Sims. See the blog post for more informaiton: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/news/sexual-orientation-in-the-sims-4

Message 7 of 14 (19,360 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@xochiquetzl_xkvn Didn't see that, thanks

Question though: Does this option only work for other aromantic sims?
Message 8 of 14 (19,320 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

@Backstabbath88 

I think it works for anyone! but it was intended for aromantics. I'm pretty sure you could have an alloromantic Sim have woohoo buddies if you want, but "ask to be woohoo partners" is the only way your aromantic Sims can woohoo.

Your alloromantic Sims can continue to do romance options until woohoo becomes available like they always have. They don't need to use that option.

Message 9 of 14 (19,109 Views)

★ Guide

So after reading I see it is an option to ask to be woohoo partners but teens cant ask to be “mess around” partners. Whats up with that I wonder.

Message 10 of 14 (17,072 Views)