Re: toilet stall

by CGrant56

Original Post

toilet stall

★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.65.70.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Enter buy mode, place one of the toilet stalls that came with discover university in off the grid or quarter tile mode right next to a wall
What happens when the bug occurs? I am unable to place the stall wall right next to a wall
What do you expect to see? Before recent patches I could place a stall right next to the wall with off the grid (presumably it would work with quarter-tile mode, but I only just discovered it.)
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Most recent patch

I suppose this isn't a bug, just the stall now has wider collision, but I liked how it was before, It bugged me that stalls would have a gap between the stall wall and room wall. And of course I only discovered quarter tile mode after the patch changed this. Here's a screenshot of a lot I made before the patch where I used off the grid to place the toilet stall.

08-05-20_12-48-52 PM.png

Message 1 of 4 (2,248 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Okay just checked, It still works, but it doesn't work if the wall the toilet is attached to doesn't extend further(Like it wouldn't work if it was the corner of the whole building. In my screenshot you can see there's another room on the other side of the white half wall, so the cinder block wall continues past it) so I guess patches have nothing to do with it. It's still weird collision in my opinion though. Edit: screenshot to better show what I mean, the walls form a t shape. I can replace the half wall with a full wall and it still works, so it has nothing to do with half walls.08-05-20_1-06-32 PM.png

Message 2 of 4 (2,237 Views)

@Zitiache 

Hmm, I can't reproduce this. I used ALT placement and managed to place the stall against the wall:

Screenshot_2020-08-09_at_19.19.44.png

Screenshot_2020-08-09_at_19.22.10.png

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 3 of 4 (2,138 Views)

Hero

@Zitiache 

I looked at this too and had no problem with it except that I found when you bury the partitions in the wall, the one with the TP holder will sort of blink in and out in live move if not placed just right.  It took some fiddling with the placement to get it to not do that but I was able to do it.  And I was able to place it with no problem even in the corner of a building. I tried it in several configurations and in both corners of a building.

I think this object was meant to be free standing though so any time we use the cheats to change the placement on objects like this, it can lead to some odd results.

Hope this helps.

Message 4 of 4 (2,121 Views)