Reporting a GameChanger, procedure is unprofessional

by CatSaar

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Reporting a GameChanger, procedure is unprofessional

★ Guide

I reported a GameChanger through the link on https://www.ea.com/game-changers as I do not want to call anyone out in public, nor become a target because of doing so.

This is the reply I received: "I can see that you would like to report EA GameChanger. The best way to do this would be for you to post your opinion on the matter on some EA forums in the hopes that somebody from the team will get back to you about it."

I honestly nearly chocked reading that. So in order to maybe get a solution I need to call someone out on the forums and hope someone will react??????

As someone with 15 years of experience on many different levels of customer service I can not believe that is the procedure EA applies. 

Either customer service needs retraining or the procedure needs updating. I'm absolutely appalled.

Message 1 of 15 (1,035 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Reporting a GameChanger, procedure is unprofessional

[ Edited ]
EA Watch

Hi there CatSaar,

I'd like to confirm this is 100% not the procedure of how EA handles Game Changer reports and concerns. We definitely don't anyone to be called out, or in turn shamed for reporting inappropriate behavior due to a public posting. We will be investigating and educating the relevant team(s) to ensure this direction is not given again in future. 

If you have an issue or concern with a Game Changer or another user, we request you report it with any supporting evidence to: https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/?product=origin&platform=pc&category=report-concerns-or-harassment... where the team will handle it (I understand this is what you did do but just for anyone else reading this in the future).

Arcadia.

View in thread

Message 12 of 15 (1,191 Views)

All Replies

★ Expert
@CatSaar I feel for you (being in a situation like this), there have been a few others in the same position. Is the GCer doing something serious? I would say that if it is dangerous/ harassment/, or something akin to that, it is best to go straight to the police (and or media). There have been other incidents with game changers (in the not so distant past) who were engaging in serious offenses, and it needed someone going to the media (even though that person had tried many times, unsuccessfully, to get it addressed through the staff beforehand).
Message 2 of 15 (992 Views)

★ Guide

Hey @InfiniteVerve , it's nothing serious to that extend luckily. Just promoting breaking tos and condescending comments, which is still not okay to do for a GC. 

It's absolutely unacceptable that there is no accountability for people who are chosen to represent the company. What you just told is absolutely disheartening and gives me very little hope. I'm going to think long and hard about leaving the community and supporting EA games all together. The sims is my favorite game but if there are issues in the community that you want to help to make better nobody at EA wants to listen.

Message 3 of 15 (986 Views)

★ Expert
@CatSaar You are correct (it doesn't need to be that serious in order to get it dealt with- sad that even when it is that serious, it has not been dealt with until the person who needed help went to extremes). I also was disheartened because the game has promise, but I had to ask myself tough questions about the thing (as a whole), and if I wanted to promote it (as is). I hope you are able to find some enjoyment (outside of the community- during your own gameplay) at least.
Message 4 of 15 (976 Views)

★ Guide
@InfiniteVerve thank you. I have my own little community in the community but all the current issues going on weigh on them too. It's like you can't escape it and you can't do anything about it. I've seen a lot of people already leave as well. Might take a break to think. I wish EA stuck up for their players and also invested in their customer care service as it is clearly outsourced and training seems to be limited to using templates. Thank you for replying, I'm glad I had someone to talk to.
Message 5 of 15 (969 Views)

★ Expert
@CatSaar I am very sorry that I didn't have the power to do something for you. It is frustrating, I completely understand (and sympathize). I do appreciate when people try to do the right thing (like you did), and I wish that help was really (easily, readily, and without fear of becoming a target- that last one speaks volumes) available for players.

I am wishing a better experience for you. And I hope the run-a-round you got from trying to make the report didn't ruin too much for you.
Message 6 of 15 (964 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@InfiniteVerveI really appreciate your answers and empathy even tho it should be coming from an EA rep who can take action. I worked in customer care for a big corp and used to actually train customer care workers so I know the ins and outs, but it also makes me very frustrated when I see terrible customer care service. These issues are feedback that higher ups need to get to implement better protocols. Until then bad actors can keep doing whatever they want in the Wild West that is the community.

Message 7 of 15 (956 Views)

★ Expert
@CatSaar I've also worked in management (as well as other areas- like customer service), and have seen what happens with areas involving customer care (and other areas). Certainly it shows when a company gets too big, and can't handle issues (especially if they contract out, because they lose control and actual accessibility). I think people (genuinely) want this franchise to succeed (because it has potential), but it seems they are unable to understand their capabilities.

I guess all one can really do is, even though you love the game's potential, ask yourself if you'd be willing to suggest/ recommend it to your friends and family- knowing that would mean that they receive the inattention and frustration which many (including yourself) have encountered... That was the big one (for me, really). I wanted to engage all of the people and communities that I know with this game- but, due to my own experiences, and the experiences which are all over this site (the many, many, many players who try to get help)... I decided the best thing would be for me not to even mention the game (unless someone mentioned considering it- then I could tell them what I've seen and experienced so they don't have to go through it all).

I wish the friend who initially recommended this game to me (and purchased for my birthday years ago) would have known more about it. I don't blame them, but I do wish I hadn't had to have something (I was looking forward to) ruined in the way that it was. Again, it does have potential, but there are (currently) far too many risks associated with it (from customer service issues to issues with billing, and issues with bugs and glitches, as well as GCers; gameplay that is horrific, harassment story-lines, etc.). I think there are some of us who keep hoping things will change, because of the potential with the game- but...

Again, best thing we can do is to take our own experiences and make sure that our friends, family, or community, are kept from it.
Message 8 of 15 (935 Views)

★ Expert
@CatSaar also, what was the promoting breaking tos? What was the exact circumstance? I am curious what the GCer was doing, and (hopefully) you can at least mention that without outing them (to keep you safe from targeting). It might help to get the issue more attention if people know what is/was happening (without naming the person).
Message 9 of 15 (927 Views)

★ Guide
@InfiniteVerve I love that point of view and it's nice to see how knowledgeable you are too. It's true once companies start outsourcing customer care (among other things) the quality drops. The corp I used to work at did it too and those people got 1 week of training, while our in house customer care got 1,5 month. So in house ended up just fixing issues created by outsource. All just to safe money on wages as outsource is always abroad. I def agree with all you have said. To me it was just such an outrageous answer to tell a player to "just go on some EA forum and call them out and maybe you'll get help" that I had to report it here. That's such worthless and dangerous advice to give someone. Anyway I think you and I could keep talking about this, but I need to wrap it up. Again thank you as it was nice to talk to someone who understands. Let's hope EA gets the call to action.
Message 10 of 15 (925 Views)