Re: Merge saved games

by DonroaAkashu

Original Post

Merge saved games

★★★ Newbie

Hi, 

I have been playing sims 4 on PS for a while and then got the seasons pack as well as some others. Now i have not played at all for many months because I encountered an ENORMOUS PROBLEM, and i can't seem to find any solution... :/

Because i wanted to have different calendars in different households, i started to save them in different saves. Then i noticed however that the households in different saves can't interract. I suppose it is impossible to merge all my different games and still retain different calendars... so i am prepared to use the same calendar for all. But is there any way to merge all my saves without losing progress and relationship??? 

I don' t want to move all households and lots/apartments to my library because apperantly i then loose the relationships and there is some issue with saving apartments.

I am hugely disappointed in the game because of this whole situation, and i don't know if i will continue playing at all if there is no solution. I have played both sims 1 and 2 and they were awesome.

Message 1 of 5 (797 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

@Helene12345  You need to post in the console section to get the best answers to your particular issue.

Message 2 of 5 (765 Views)

★★★★ Expert
@Helene12345

Your library is the only thing that exists between saves. If you don't want to use that to transfer households between saves, then no. There is no way.
Message 3 of 5 (737 Views)

Hero (Retired)
@Helene12345 You can save all the sims to your library, as has been mentioned. While, as you have experienced, this will delete all their relationships. In the edit households, you can download the family from the library in the CAS, set their relationships and then move the extra's out to their own household. You can do this for each sim that is related by simply adding them to the household from the library while in the CAS. Adding them to a household in the CAS from the library is the only time you can set their relationships without cheats.

The only way to move the sims and households is through the library to new saves.

For saving apartments, you must delete the walls where the doors are to make the apartment one large room. You can then save it to the library as a room and transfer it to a new game.

Also, you posted in the correct section, as your issue is general game play and not at all a console tech question, which is what the console board is.
Message 4 of 5 (701 Views)

★★★★ Expert

Perhaps there needs to be an official description of what belongs in each section; so that it isn't up to the particular players that moves and merges in that area. Standard smile

Message 5 of 5 (688 Views)