Re: Feedback about Get Famous expansion

by Abradley745

Original Post

Feedback about Get Famous expansion

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Seriously this is getting frustrating. I was so excited to play Get Famous and have all kinds of different stories, all including the lifestyle brand feature because I LOVED it first time I read about it. It's been three weeks and I can't even play because the feature I was most excited about is broken. I mean, you keep raising the Sims game prices but you take forever in fixing what we're looking forward the most- and let's not forget that you didn't include the open world (which most of us demanded) in the Sims 4, but not only that you keep making the towns/cities smaller and smaller, with less and less lots for us to build on. I really hope the next add-ons have more work on them.

Message 1 of 13 (940 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [GF] Lifestyle Brand not working

★ Novice

The Get Famous update managed to crumple a good amount of my mods, which I'm still working through to see if there are fixes or if I'm just going to be left without. Yet, even after the recent hotfix, this issue of the game itself hasn't been fixed. So many bugs that are really making the game play much less enjoyable. This is very disappointing! Houses being filled automatically even when they shouldn't, last names switching when someone moves into that house (NPC, NOT INTENTIONALLY). I did try removing all mods to see if the game would function normally, no. I just got my sim to create their own brand and there's nothing to come of it. Yet another part of this patch that doesn't work and screws up the game.

Message 2 of 13 (925 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Hey @maudebenoit16 @Belitene

Like I mentioned in this post, please keep the bug reports strictly informational (only add information regarding the issues themselves in them) and post your general feedback on the Game Information forum Standard smile That's why I splitted and moved your posts here.

Thanks!

/Ataashi

Message 3 of 13 (866 Views)

★★★ Novice

it's been almost a month. i don't comment on stuff like this unless it's literally beyond unacceptable. listen i'd understand if the feature became completely and utterly unusable and that they needed to redo it from the ground up but we don't even know what's going on because nobody's telling us lol don't worry though what goes around comes around and this entire company is certainly going to have a rude awakening one of these days. news flash: you're not too big to fail.

Message 4 of 13 (825 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Sim wants to leave work early (message)

★★ Apprentice

[joke]

Everytime EA release their new patch, I wait for a few days to figure out what mischief(aka bugs) they add this time.

I also think one of their worker like to tell us(players) a message.

Think about it. History lesson.

- All relationship cleared after buildmode (last year iirc)

- Objects placed in apartment are gone

- Sims who have Father Winter trait got deleted (recent)

- Doors in your house completely unlock by themselves (now)

- Sim wants to leave work early (now)

So, maybe... someone who's working at EA wants to go home early. Standard smile

[/joke]

Message 5 of 13 (819 Views)

Champion

@maudebenoit16, not everybody wants an open world.  True, many people do; however, many people are relieved that the game does not grind to a halt any more like it did with TS3 due to its open world.  Disappointed  I find that all the bugs in TS4 minor compared to what many people had to endure with TS3.  Over 30 min. to load the game, followed by waiting between 5 and 15 min. between actions while the game froze.  Then it would take another 40 or so min if I went into Buy/build Mode or CAS because of the CASt color/pattern wheel Devil -- granted, that was in large part my fault since I was addicted to collecting patterns and then putting them in all sorts of different colors and applying them to everything in the game. Oops  I couldn't stop! EmbarrassedLarge smile  But the lag it created was incredibleDisappointed  If they could manage an open world in the future that could work on the majority of computers, then I would be on board.  But until then I will gladly play in the semi-open worlds of TS4! Standard smile

@Belitene, it is not the responsibility of EA to make their game according to all the Mods and CC out there. In fact, it is impossible.  It is the responsibility of the Modders to have their items work with the game.  EA can't support the thousands of Mods/CC that exist, but thankfully for many, they allow Mods in the game! Cool  

@chiquitidal, in the Maxis Monthly livestream it was announced that they are working on a patch to fix the numerous problems that occurred with Get Famous. Standard smile  I would think that it should come out within 2 weeks.  Thinking  But it sounds to me like you want EA to fail!?! Shocked You do realize that if EA fails then there will be no more Sims at all?!? DevilTeeth baredWondering And for what? … just so you can prove yourself right? Confused  I'd rather be wrong and still have the Sims than to be right and not have them! Wink

Happy Simming! Party hat

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 6 of 13 (813 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Lifestyle Brand not working

★★ Novice
I appreciate the response to acknowledge the issue. However, we are approaching a month since the game was released and EA has not made an OFFICIAL statement to addressed this issue or offer any timeline on when this will be corrected.
Message 7 of 13 (911 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Lifestyle Brand not working

★★★★ Novice

Now I guess.......you get to know what EA is like

Message 8 of 13 (732 Views)

★★★ Guide

I really wasn't sure if I would like the expansion or not but I do however once you hit a certain fame level going out and having a good night out etc become impossible. being famous ruins the game. I want my sim famous but the reactions are ridiculous. I wish there was a way to calm them down a bit. Dj's won't do their job... neither will mixologist... it's absolutely stupid. Service npc's should be blocked from fame reaction and so should townies after they've reacted like once or twice. the fact when my sim dances the entire lot stops what they're doing to watch.... even other celebrities of higher or the same as fame is the stupidest thing. becoming more than a 2-star celebrity ruins the game. Even opting out of fame and picking who I want famous it's still absolutely ridiculous.  Being followed into bathrooms to pee or shower by these fans or paparazzi is overboard. I want my sims to be able to leave the damn house and still be famous. I may have to resort to locking all fame at 2 stars because at least then I can enjoy the gameplay outside my sims home. Unless there's a mod for blocking fame reaction or reducing it... which I haven't found yet.

Message 9 of 13 (706 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Have you tried putting on the Fame Disguise? That should help some.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 10 of 13 (697 Views)