Cannot delete wall for stairs without changing floor

by iRemembertheDark

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Cannot delete wall for stairs without changing floor

★ Novice

Hi.

I’m in build mode and am putting a stair in. In order to put the stair in, it can’t intersect with a wall. So I pushed the wall back; however it still blocks access to the rest of the floor. The problem is that one of the rooms is double height (floor has been romoved) and the other isn’t. When I remove the wall, the rooms combine either adding the floor back with no way of removing it or removes the floor in the space where I need it to be. Basically, I need the rooms to not combine when deleting the wall so the flood does not change. Is that at all possible? I’ve included a picture for clarification. Thank you!

Message 1 of 4 (1,262 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Cannot delete wall for stairs without changing floor

Champion

@iRemembertheDark I'm very sorry - it's late here, so that may ba contributing, but I don't think I'm fully understanding your issues.

One factor that may or may not be coming in for you is that there are some situations where making a mezzanine or similar area sometimes when the floor re-builds itself you can then use the sledgehammer to delete the floor a second time. I apologize ahead of time as this was an early video I did where I refused to do audio, and it's a bit long, but it may be of some use in understanding what I mean: https://youtu.be/7O3cP8PwEQU

If you would like to upload your lot to the gallery and provide the exact name to the lot here plus let me know if your name in the gallery is different than it is here, I could experiment with it in my game. For me to do this, though, I would need to know I am understanding correctly what you want the build to do. Do you have a photo example you could share, or even a photo of a sketch?

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments

View in thread

Message 2 of 4 (1,237 Views)

All Replies

Champion

@iRemembertheDark I'm very sorry - it's late here, so that may ba contributing, but I don't think I'm fully understanding your issues.

One factor that may or may not be coming in for you is that there are some situations where making a mezzanine or similar area sometimes when the floor re-builds itself you can then use the sledgehammer to delete the floor a second time. I apologize ahead of time as this was an early video I did where I refused to do audio, and it's a bit long, but it may be of some use in understanding what I mean: https://youtu.be/7O3cP8PwEQU

If you would like to upload your lot to the gallery and provide the exact name to the lot here plus let me know if your name in the gallery is different than it is here, I could experiment with it in my game. For me to do this, though, I would need to know I am understanding correctly what you want the build to do. Do you have a photo example you could share, or even a photo of a sketch?

Message 2 of 4 (1,238 Views)

★ Novice

@SheriGR Thank you! Using the sledgehammer on the floor did, indeed, solve the issue. I can’t believe I didn’t think of that. I have been frustrated to know end and even quite at it the first time. Thank you!

In case you’re still interested I did include a picture in the original post, showing the wall in front of the stairs, the room without floor, and the mezzanine.

Thank you, again. I really appreciate your help and reply.

Message 3 of 4 (1,216 Views)

Champion

@iRemembertheDark Yes, it's weird having to sledgehammer the floor a 2nd time - not very intuitive, so it's no wonder it didn't pop into your mind. I'm so happy that it worked for you!! Have fun with your home! 

Message 4 of 4 (1,172 Views)