Re: General feedback and suggestions

by NateVoV

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Suggestion: Energy, Character Cost, Arena Reward, etc...

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

1. Energy is too slow to recover. At the rate of 10 per hour, with a max energy of about 90, I need to login only once every 9 hours. Not sure if this is what EA wants... I know many games that would try to get players to login as often as possible. I am aware of the "free card" every 20 minutes, but I don't think that is a strong enough reason for players to want to login.

2. Also, it's too easy to use up energy. A typical early stage HARD quest takes 12 energy. 7 attempts and one would have used 84 energy. Maybe less energy to complete quests? Or increase energy recovery rate.

3. Character cost seems to be quite high to the point where it's difficult for players to obtain new characters or even upgrade (star-up). There is already quite a number of characters but what makes it worse it seems to require too many shards. Card and pack purchases do not always give players the shards needed for the character. This can be a big turn off, even for playing players. And the CRYSTALS not are cheap (in real money). Perhaps consider removing/ reducing shards required. Or maybe allow trading of shards between players.

4. Please consider having rank rewards for Arena. Right now, there's no incentive to rank up in Arena, other than to stroke one's ego. Standard smile Perhaps a daily/ weekly rank reward.

5. Allow players to select target in AUTO mode. Would be good if players can be allowed to select targets even in AUTO PLAY mode.

6. Quit/ exit button for Android would be nice. 

Message 1 of 10 (1,526 Views)

Accepted Solution

★ Guide

Thanks for the feedback, we really appreciate it!

We are looking into our energy balance. I can't say that we're going to change it one way or another right now, though. Same with character cost, though we did reduce shards required last week.. though I think you posted after that change.

Rank rewards for arena is something we definitely want, it's just a matter of prioritizing against other stuff.

-Aaron

View in thread

Message 2 of 10 (1,620 Views)

All Replies

★ Guide

Thanks for the feedback, we really appreciate it!

We are looking into our energy balance. I can't say that we're going to change it one way or another right now, though. Same with character cost, though we did reduce shards required last week.. though I think you posted after that change.

Rank rewards for arena is something we definitely want, it's just a matter of prioritizing against other stuff.

-Aaron

Message 2 of 10 (1,621 Views)

★ Guide
I did notice some changes to shard requirements... so, ya, looks good. but still.. I'm hoping it can be better (asking is free, after all)
Message 3 of 10 (1,492 Views)

★ Guide

Noticed energy is now replenished at a slightly faster rate (1 every 4.5 mins or about 13 per hour). That's nice... But it meant I have to "readjust" my playing habit. It's a good thing though.

Message 4 of 10 (1,472 Views)

★★ Guide

I agree with the OPs current suggestions. One aspect of the game I was very dismayed by was the increase in costs to repurchase something. For example, you really need one more gadget or character shard. The hard levels are the place to find the best stuff. So you play three, then you want to play again and you dont get it so you want to play three again. Refilling energy at 50 crystals is pricey enough. I plunked down 200 crystals in an attempt to get a shard I was missing and still didnt receive it. If its 50 crystals to make a reattempt then please dont keep escalating the required crystals. I did this once because I thought Id win but, seeing as I didnt, Im disinclined to follow this same path.

So please, if something takes 50 crystals, leave it at 50 or set it at 100 and leave it there. This smacks of the same type of greed as one would see in a slot machine. 

Message 5 of 10 (1,463 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)
Agree the energy could be faster, honestly I think it can be a good thing to have faster energy. F2P games compete for players time. At the current rate I can blow my nightly energy within 10minutes. Thats a lot of time not spent in game if I have to wait for it to refresh, lesser time in game means lesser likey to puchase.

On a 2nd note, how about limiting the amount of times you can refill energy / rebuy level / arena fights.

I think it can bring to much P2W to the game, but somehow I get the feeling EA in general already knew that Wink
Message 6 of 10 (1,456 Views)

★ Guide

We're working on a change that will limit PvP refills, actually.

-Aaron

Message 7 of 10 (1,451 Views)

Champion (Retired)
sounds great! looking forward for it Standard smile
Message 8 of 10 (1,430 Views)

★ Guide
I don't even have the option to refill once for PvP anymore. Five chances to battle per day isn't very much, especially when you need three wins for daily achievements. At the higher ranks, that gets much more difficult.

Also, it would be nice to see some kind of rewards for defensive wins. And a battle log to keep track of it all.
Message 9 of 10 (1,399 Views)

★ Guide

So FYI we're planning on making a lot of changes to PvP *eventually.* For now, we removed PvP refreshes for balance reasons. We'll find a way to allow for more PvP play and a different prize structure eventually, but it'll take a while to get everything set up.

-Aaron

Message 10 of 10 (1,387 Views)