Original Post

sims4 doesnt recognize origin

★ Apprentice

after update sims4 doesnt recognize origin, shows error message. wont play

Message 1 of 14 (767 Views)

Re: sims4 doesnt recognize origin

Community Manager

@Robins1899 Hi,

First off, please make sure you start Origin with Administrator rights: http://help.ea.com/en/article/how-do-i-run-a-program-or-a-game-as-an-administrator/

Next please right-click the game tile under the "My Games" tab and select "Repair Game".

Are you able to progress now?

If you cannot, please re-start Origin with administrator rights then just right click the game tile and choose uninstall. Next download and install the game once more and report back here.

Let me know how you get on. If there is still an error message, please type it in here in full.

Thank you,

Nils

Message 2 of 14 (741 Views)
Highlighted

★ Apprentice

i have done all of that. and even did a manual uninstall of origin. reinstalled sims4. did the open with admin. i have done all suggestions that were told to do.all of the suggestions. again...all of the suggestions. also my sims city wont launch and my sims 3 says origin isnt running (which it was). but thankfully it still launches. after i try to start my sims4 game orgin starts up and then nothing. noticed in my task manager that sims 4 was running in background but not launching for me to play.. and then error comes up that origin is not running (again which it is).

ever since i downloaded origin update and sims4 update everything went bad. what is EA going to do about this big mess

Message 3 of 14 (734 Views)

★ Apprentice

the error message is : Origin is currently not running. Please make sure the Origin is running before attempting to play the Sims4 error code d3382ced:984c6a38:00000000:00000000

origin is open and running. i opened it both ways; administrator, normal start.. task manager says sims4 running in background

Message 4 of 14 (728 Views)

is ea doing anything about sims4 not launching

★ Apprentice

i have posted many times about the same issue. had no problems with sims4 and then updates to origin and sims4, my sims4 wont recognize that origin is running. will not launch.  i have done all of the steps from the scripted postings from nil and nothing helps. please tell me that ea is working out what they did to screw up on this one.

Message 5 of 14 (716 Views)

gray sims4 button

★ Apprentice

i found i also had the gray button, so when i left clicked on task bar i found sims4 running in background. it is because it is waiting for verification from origin to launch. i have uninstalled reinstalled clean installed sims4 and origin and ran as administ. it still says origin is not running. and that is where i launch the sims4 game from.  some info on if EA is  working on a solution for their mistakes in the upgrades to origin and sims4, would be nice. should we wait patiently or stop buying anymore? terrible customer service. i have been a customer since the first sims came out and bought every expansion pack since. letting us know would certainly be appreciated

Message 6 of 14 (696 Views)

new update worked

★ Apprentice

the newest update to origin,( i updated today). worked.. my sims4 game launched. no more errors of not recognizing origin was running.

Message 7 of 14 (735 Views)

Re: new update worked

Hero (Retired)

Hello 

Thank you for your feedback!  Game controller

Message 8 of 14 (722 Views)

newest update worked for 1 day

★ Apprentice

yesterday there was an update for the origin and then my sims4 finally launched and recognized sims4, played for hours no problem. today i try to play and same error comes up it doest recognize origin running. aggggghhhhhhhhhh

Message 9 of 14 (700 Views)

Re: new update worked

★ Apprentice

you didnt resolve it ea did by doing another update, but yesterday when it was working it was great. sims 4 had no problems. today back to error message that origin is not running. it is, i launched from origin

Message 10 of 14 (707 Views)