Re: Unable to load origin

by maria57047

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Unable to load origin

★ Novice

I recently updated origin on my laptop and it took a while to update but it was fine. Then, when it had finished, I clicked the icon to open it and nothing happened. So I tried it again and nothing happened so I turned my laptop off and on again and still nothing. However when I was on the internet I noticed that origin was open so I went on it and played Sims 4 and everything was fine. However when I next went to play Sims 4 it didn't open again. So I tried uninstalling and then re-installing it but as I was uninstalling it something popped up saying 'a running instance of origin has been detected' and telling me to close it. I had no idea what that was and just clicked okay and it uninstalled. I re-installed it and clicked on origin but it just has a continuous loading sign but never loads. I am not sure why this is happening so if anyone has any ideas why or how to resolve this problem could you please let me know. Thanks

Message 1 of 6 (1,856 Views)

Accepted Solution

Hero (Retired)

Make clean boot https://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135
use my script for clean of Origin data and reinstall it. Download it, delete .txt in name and run it as Admin.

Run Origin as Admin

View in thread

Message 6 of 6 (1,922 Views)

All Replies

Could you check if Origin is showing in the pictograms next to the clock?
Try force closing Origin with ctrl+alt+del, and open it right clicking on Origin and choose 'open as administrator'.

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 2 of 6 (1,837 Views)
Highlighted

★ Novice

When I clicked to see if origin was showing in the pictograms by the clock it was there for a second and then disappeared. Also, I already tried to open as administrator and nothing happened. Now every time I try to open origin it keeps updating even though it has already updated. I am not sure if it is origin or my laptop that is not working. Thank you for your help though.

Message 3 of 6 (1,830 Views)

@maria57047 I've moved your post to the Origin forums as it's an Origin issue. Maybe someone with more experience with Origin issues can help you.

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 4 of 6 (1,816 Views)

★★★ Expert

There are a few things we can try. Does Orign work properly when you are online?

If not please Manually Uninstall Origin.

Then Download Origin Here.

Locate the installer file, it's called "OriginThinSetup.exe"

Right click that file and choose Run As Administrator.

Once Origin is installed again and, has allowed you to log in, right click the Origin icon on your desktop, select Properties, then Compatibility and, set it to Run As Administrator there. That will makes sure it always has the file permissions it needs to work properly.

Message 5 of 6 (1,788 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Make clean boot https://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135
use my script for clean of Origin data and reinstall it. Download it, delete .txt in name and run it as Admin.

Run Origin as Admin

Message 6 of 6 (1,923 Views)