Re: Sims 4 cats and dogs won’t download

by jpkarlsen

Original Post

★★★★★ Newbie

we shouldn't have to cancel and redownload. 

Message 81 of 113 (623 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@RecklessRenegade

Do you have the issue where in your Order History your purchase of Cats & Dogs doesn't say Completed?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 82 of 113 (619 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

No, I can't cancel because it's already saying it's in my library. I can only purchase the item as a gift. Frown

Message 83 of 113 (613 Views)

Champion (Retired)

In your Order History it does not say that it is in your library. If you mean that it says Completed then look at other possible solutions in the main download issue thread. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 84 of 113 (607 Views)

★★★ Newbie

My game won't download it was purchased today! It'll say its done in download manager, but its a continuous repeat of 'preparing...' 'download now' 'download'. .. again and... again. I've tried reinstalling the entire game, restarting computer and clicking repair. Nothing is working. Can anyone help me please!!!

Message 85 of 113 (578 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I'm having the same problem... it's so frustrating! I've done all this too and deleting mods, nothing works. I can't cancel it and reinstall it either, there's no option to. 

It's also affected my ability to play the game even without the expansion. When I launch it, I get the welcome screen for Cats & Dogs.... and even the new town shows up and I can click on it. However, when I try to play on a household, the lower bar showing the family profiles and controls doesn't show up and I'm unable to play at all. 

Please help!!

Message 86 of 113 (571 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@acz1991

Change to safe mode downloading in Origin.

Click Origin | application settings and the Diagnostics tab. Scroll to the bottom.

Message 87 of 113 (557 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@emirsia

No, you do not have the same problem but an entirely different one as you already have downloaded the EP.

To your problem:

This is caused by out of date Mods and CC.

Remove all your Mods/CC and play without. Look for updates where you got it from.

If you have follow up questions please post in the The Sims 4 Technical Issues_PC forum.

Click ALL BOARDS above then The Sims 4.

Message 88 of 113 (556 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

How do you do that ?? I pre ordered it... and it won't download Frown

Message 89 of 113 (542 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@IronMan00000007

How do you do what?

Message 90 of 113 (541 Views)