Re: How can I become a beta tester for ea?

by usersly2226

Original Post

Accepted Solution

How can I become a beta tester for ea?

★★ Novice

I want to be able to test products for people as a living and I need some type of start. The thing is that I'm not 18 just yet but, I will be in about a month. I need some help, it would be great if I could work at home which would be convient for me because at the moment I can't move anywhere. Please help me out if you can.

Message 1 of 7 (15,525 Views)

Accepted Solution

EA Staff

There is no enrolment plan to become a Beta tester, you have to individually sign up for Betas that become available. EA betas are generally advertised on Origin.com. The required age to join the Betas depends on the games rating.

If you are looking for a career in QA/Testing then check out this page and start working toward the requirements listed.

View in thread

Message 2 of 7 (18,690 Views)

All Replies

EA Staff

There is no enrolment plan to become a Beta tester, you have to individually sign up for Betas that become available. EA betas are generally advertised on Origin.com. The required age to join the Betas depends on the games rating.

If you are looking for a career in QA/Testing then check out this page and start working toward the requirements listed.

Message 2 of 7 (18,691 Views)

★★ Novice

Thanks for the help!

Message 3 of 7 (15,486 Views)

★★ Novice

I am not sure if anyone knows about this, but on your origin screen at launch, there is an opt-in feature. just go to Origin>Application settings. at the very bottom is your option to opt-in. check it, reload Origin, and you're good to go!

Message 4 of 7 (15,408 Views)

★ Novice

where is the application settings at

Message 5 of 7 (14,061 Views)

Community Manager

@ApexPredator43 Hi,

You will first want to download and install the Origin Client: https://www.origin.com/download

Next, start the Origin Client with administrator rights: http://help.ea.com/en/article/how-do-i-run-a-program-or-a-game-as-an-administrator/

You can then log in with your account, the same that you had used to initially purchase your game.

Now click on Origin in the top right corner of the client. In the menu, select Application Settings. Now within the General tab, scroll all the way to the bottom and check the box for "Origin Beta Participation".

This does not allow for games testing however, this is just for Beta testing the Origin client.

Hope that clarifies it, let us know if you still have any further questions.

Cheers,

Nils

Message 6 of 7 (14,033 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice
I would like to start a career by ea games but when I look at all the openings I don't know what to pick I'm a great gamer I know what players want to play I know many languages and I'm starting to learn game designer I'm from the Netherlands and don't see any Dutch locations in the find job section , do you have any recommendations for me ?
Message 7 of 7 (9,804 Views)