Re: Finding expansion packs

by Straatford87

Original Post

Finding expansion packs

★★★ Newbie

I had sims on my old computer (bought my games from walmart) but i got a new computer. i dont have my discs and i redownloaded sims but cant find my expansion packs that i had on my other computer. i really dont want to spend $100 to get it all back... can i get some help in finding where i can redownload them without purchasing them again please?

Message 1 of 5 (311 Views)

EA DICE Team

@blowupkittehs7

Hi,

We've moved expansion packs inside the game tiles.

To find your expansion packs right-click Sims -> Game Details -> Extra Content.

Message 2 of 5 (304 Views)

@blowupkittehs7 Also, Sims 3 has a new launcher. Don't forget to see if the expansions are checked in the launcher, as sometimes they are unchecked and you won't see them in-game due to that.

I do not work for EA and i am not associated with the company in any way. I am a player just like you, trying to help wherever i can.I will not answer to any unsolicited PM.

Message 3 of 5 (287 Views)

★★★ Newbie

sorry, haven't been on in a while due to work. I still cannot find the spot to redownload my expansion packs ive had before. ive looked in both places as ive been told but its not there. the first one I can only add to my wishlist, gift to a friend, or by myself which I dontwanna rebuy everything again... nthe sims page doesn't have it either..

Message 4 of 5 (258 Views)

EA DICE Team

@blowupkittehs7

Thanks for getting back to us! With your busy work schedule that's much appreciated - I hope I can point you in the right direction this time as I certainly don't want to keep you.

Can you make sure that on your new system you are logging in with the same account details (username / email + password) that you've been using on your old system? Everything is permanently registered to your account, so if you don't use the proper account then you won't get access. Even if you're using the correct details, I've seen it happen that expansions were registered on different accounts than the base game.

The best thing to do in this situation is to have your product codes ready and reach out to an EA Advisor. Using the product code, they will be able to trace on which account your content is registered. And if necessary, they can move this for you:

http://answers.ea.com/t5/Origin/How-to-contact-EA-Help/td-p/5650100

I hope this helped!

Have a lovely Sunday,

Message 5 of 5 (240 Views)