Email issue

by SiggiArni199

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Email issue

★★★ Newbie

I cannot access my old email address as I don’t remember the details, and I’ve created a new one, need help please!

Message 1 of 4 (329 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Email issue

Community Manager

Hi @SiggiArni199

I'm sorry but we can't help you make any account changes on the forums. You may be able to log in to the EA account using the console (see here) and the update your EA Account information from there. If you hit a snag updating your EA account information though, there's no way around it; you'll need the help of the EA Help Support Team.

If you can pass the account security stage with them, they'll be able to help you make changes to the account information including updating the email registered to it. The opposite is also true though, if you can't provide enough accurate information to pass the verification stage, their hands will be tied. Please work with them to proceed with the case.

You can get back in contact them through the EA Help site: https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/new/

- EA_Lanna

Lanna.png____________________________________________________________

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Please only DM me if I've asked you to, or in the case of highly sensitive content. General questions/issues/topics are best shared on the forum where others can take part/benefit from the responses/solutions/workarounds

View in thread

Message 4 of 4 (187 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Hi @SiggiArni199

I'm not sure creating a new EA account will help recover the old one. Would you have a console or another game account linked up the original EA account like a PlayStation Network account, Xbox Live account, Steam account, Apple ID, Facebook account, or Google account? If yes, let's try logging into the EA account using one of those. Follow these steps: 

:

1. Click Log In.
  2. On the pop-up window that appears, choose to log in with your PlayStation Network account, Xbox Live account, Steam account, Apple ID, Facebook account, or Google account: EA Help sign-in prompt with first-party login buttons for Google, Facebook, Apple, Steam, Xbox Live, and PSN.
  3. Another pop-up will appear for the platform you chose. Log in using your sign-in details for that account.
  4. If the account you sign into is linked to an EA Account, you’ll now be logged in on EA Help where you can view your account information.

After logging in, if you want to update your email address:

1. Click Accounts > Change email address to make updates in the EA Account Settings portal.
  2. We’ll send a verification code to your registered email. Enter the code in the pop-up window to change your email.

Keep in mind, you'll only be able to update the email to one that's not already registered to another EA account. If you've put the email you'd like for this EA account, over onto the new EA account, then it won't be free to enter in now while updating the original EA account. You'd need to change the email registered to the new EA account to free it up for the original EA account. 

Thanks, 

EA_Lanna

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Please only DM me if I've asked you to, or in the case of highly sensitive content. General questions/issues/topics are best shared on the forum where others can take part/benefit from the responses/solutions/workarounds

Message 2 of 4 (294 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I cannot access the old email as it’s from a long time ago, I have tried to recover the password but I don’t have access to the email. Can you please help?

Message 3 of 4 (244 Views)

Community Manager

Hi @SiggiArni199

I'm sorry but we can't help you make any account changes on the forums. You may be able to log in to the EA account using the console (see here) and the update your EA Account information from there. If you hit a snag updating your EA account information though, there's no way around it; you'll need the help of the EA Help Support Team.

If you can pass the account security stage with them, they'll be able to help you make changes to the account information including updating the email registered to it. The opposite is also true though, if you can't provide enough accurate information to pass the verification stage, their hands will be tied. Please work with them to proceed with the case.

You can get back in contact them through the EA Help site: https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/new/

- EA_Lanna

Message 4 of 4 (188 Views)