Re: Dragon Age Inquisition update failed

by tonkemaskin

Original Post

Dragon Age Inquisition update failed

★★★★★ Newbie

I tried updating with patch 5 this morning. The update downloaded, but failed upon installation.

Now the game is greyed out in my menu, and clicking 'update' doesn't do anything.

I have tried restarting the Origin app as administrator, I have rebooted my computer, all to no avail.

Just make an .exe file for manual update, instead of forcing everything through the launcher.

Example

Message 1 of 7 (1,178 Views)

★ Novice

I tried uninstalling and re-installing.

Now I just get an error when I try and install it Frown

Message 2 of 7 (1,148 Views)

Community Manager

@tonkemaskin Can you try clearing the Origin cache and see if this has any effect. 

http://help.ea.com/en/article/clearing-your-origin-temporary-files/

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 3 of 7 (1,133 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi, got the same problem, just clean the origin cache and the issue continues origin check files, start downloading (again) finish and all the same again.

Message 4 of 7 (1,115 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

Try update  Origin client to the latest Beta version top left Origin menu, Application Settings - General...

and then...check

enable Safe mode Downloading ,Application Settings - Advanced.

Retired champion.
Message 5 of 7 (1,103 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

How can I force the client to update to the latest version after I have checked the checkbox?

Message 6 of 7 (1,071 Views)

★ Novice

I was also having this problem - it was caused by some windows updates that were pending install. I installed the windows updates, cancelled the game update, ran repair on the game files then ran the update again. Worked for me when all other suggestions failed.

Message 7 of 7 (742 Views)