Re: Can't connect EA account to PSN ever?!

by miks88

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Can't connect EA account to PSN ever?!

★★★★ Novice

I can't connect my EA account to my PSN. 
I've spent ages on live chat but we seemed to go round in circles so I want to check to see if anyone knows how to fix this.
I've been told that due to my current EA account being merged in 2016 with another account I owned by EA, I will never be able to connect my EA account to my PSN. 
The email address for the old EA account is long gone and deleted, due to me not having anything under that address anymore. 

When I go to the log in page on the help.ea.com website, select Playstation log in, it automatically takes me to a reset your password page. I've done this 3 times, it goes to my current email address, which is used for my PSN and EA but still says they're not connected and the cycle repeats. 

I have checked my PSN account on the Sony website, it is not connected to anything; and I've checked my EA account, it is only connected to my steam account. The EA helper I spoke to on live chat seemed to suggested that the previous EA account (the one which was merged into my current one) must have been connected to my PSN and as the account and email is gone there's nothing we can do. This confuses me so much and really frustrates me, to me this whole situation is saying that I can never connect my EA and PSN accounts due to EA not disconnecting any connected accounts properly when they merged my EA accounts almost 10 years ago. But even that doesn't make sense as if that was the case, surely my Sony account would show as having a connection to EA...? 

The only suggestion they gave was to create a new PSN account and link my EA account to that one, so I have to have a completely separate PSN account to play any EA games online at all... Surely that's not the only solution, because sorry creating new accounts when you've had the current ones for 15 years+ is not a solution. 

Message 1 of 10 (3,806 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager

Hey @RedheaddLass if our live support team has advised that they cannot assist then there is nothing that we can do on AHQ to change this.

Dakro 

Darko.png

View in thread

Message 3 of 10 (3,656 Views)

All Replies
Highlighted

★ Guide

Yeah, unfortunately this is a really common problem on this forum caused by EA's account linking system and policies.

I'm entirely unable to play any EA titles on my Xbox gamertag I've had since 2005.

A couple people have had success using GDPR law in the EU to force EA's hand, but not much outside of that. The only thing I see that we can do is continue to bring awareness to this issue. In the meantime, I will continue to not play any EA games as their own system has made it impossible for me to do so.

Message 2 of 10 (3,691 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @RedheaddLass if our live support team has advised that they cannot assist then there is nothing that we can do on AHQ to change this.

Dakro 

Darko.png
Message 3 of 10 (3,657 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Think I have the same problem.  It's 2022.  Developers have had years to make things work.  What a shower of slop!

Message 4 of 10 (3,549 Views)

★★ Novice

Same problema here couldn't link my PSN account to ea.online.

How could this problem be solved? I entered at fifa 22 or ufc appears a message with a QR code to restore password, because my credentials as expired, and I need to restore pass, that I already changed more than 7 times

3 chat conversations with no solution, only saying that I have to link my PSN account. When I choose loging in with PSN logo, appears the same message to restore password. 

Message 5 of 10 (3,394 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Thanks For your information it's really helpful.

Message 6 of 10 (3,222 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I'm sorry but how on earth is that fair to any of your players, this is your companies problem. It makes absolutely fantastic games like it takes 2 suck being completely unable to play for alot of people, completely unfair that EAs answer is theres nothing you can do unless the company is willing to refund people who are unable to play their games such as myself

Message 7 of 10 (3,186 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I had this same issue, my Playstation Network (PSN) account was linked to an old deleted Electronic Arts (EA) account which used an old email address but the EA support were not able to advise me which email address due to data protection issues - My issue with this is, if the account is so old and deleted, then why is EA still holding onto this data for unused and deleted accounts - this is a data protection issue itself.

Luckily after some digging I found the correct email address but unlike you, I still had access to the old email address. This enabled me to reset the password to the deleted EA account, regain access and revoke the link to my current PSN account. It has taken several weeks to understand what the issue was, find the correct email address for the deleted account and rectify the issue. I now have access again.

EA definitely has too much personal data, if it can't work out current accounts from old or deleted accounts. 

Message 8 of 10 (3,128 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Yeah just got done with a live chat and there is a high level of incompetence and sending me links to "re-activate" my account, when I'm literally logged in....and the links were for "the difference between deleted and deactivated"...pretty much the live chat support is useless.

Message 9 of 10 (2,887 Views)

Community Manager

Hey all, I'm going to lock this thread as there is nothing more that we can do to assist on AHQ.

You will need to speak with our live support team in relation to these issues.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 10 of 10 (2,788 Views)