Black & White 2 Safedisk not compatible with windows 10

by shadymailmann

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Black & White 2 Safedisk not compatible with windows 10

★★★★★ Novice

Hello, i OWN the game Black & White 2 but am unable to run it on windows 10. With some research the issue seems to be the SafeDisk that is on the actually physical copy of the disks. Was wondering if there was a better solution than self assigning a safedisk drive or running windows dual boot. Seems silly that i have to jump thru hoops to play a game i own. Please look into a patch or making it digital downloadable so i can punch in my cd key and play the game. My generation is a very nostalgic one and i have a feeling you will see more people trying to play the older games. Please help me

Message 1 of 19 (15,842 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Black & White 2 Safedisk not compatible with windows 10

Hero (Retired)

This is the only statement EA has on it, to be honest don't expect them to release anything to fix it. Their priority is not to fix older games, its more on newer titles now.

http://help.ea.com/ca/article/windows-safedisc-error-when-playing-ea-games/

View in thread

Message 11 of 19 (12,242 Views)

All Replies

★★★★★ Novice

i guess one other solution would be to download the game so i dont have to use disks but im pretty sure thats illegal.....

Message 2 of 19 (15,827 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I went to EA's help website and i talked to a live representative using chat. He referred me to talk to a representative over the phone. I called and he recommended i post my issue on the forums. I posted my issue on the forums and see EA_Tom respond to everyone but me. At this point i would take "Hey thats and old game and we dont support it anymore so good luck solving the issue on your own".... but no one says that. I would respect you guys a lot more for owning the problem rather than pretending it doesnt exist. I feel like no one wants to solve the issue and just pass the buck around until i drop it. I wish someone from EA would just respond saying "hey stfu we dont care about your issue".  If someone tells me that then i will drop the issue and DL the game illegally. Thanks for all the help EA.

Message 3 of 19 (15,724 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Very frustrating that you guys have chosen to ignore my problem. At this point some acknowledgement would be nice but no one even does that. Not even a response for my issue?

Message 4 of 19 (15,695 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

will i not receive any help on this subject?

Message 5 of 19 (15,677 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Very frustrating that you guys pick and choose which issues you want to resolve. In the mean time, I keep asking for help and getting ignored.

Message 6 of 19 (15,662 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Here's some irony, just in case there is SOMEONE who actually reads this.

You guys added safedisk for DRM purposes. You added safedisk so people wouldn't pirate the game and download it illegally.

Today, the only way for me to play Black & White 2 is if i download it illegally, which i won't do. 

Seems kinda silly looking back on it, you know? The software added to increase piracy protection is actually preventing me from playing the game and forcing people who bought the game to DL it illegally. Maybe just patch it or put it digital download and this wouldnt be an issue anymore.

Message 7 of 19 (15,659 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Any reason why you guys refuse to answer my issue?

Message 8 of 19 (15,643 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@shadymailmann The Safedisk thing was removed in Windows 10, by Microsoft, Not EA. Also don't think anyone at EA can really help you with a game that's from 2005 to be honest.

Your only options are really reading the details here - http://www.howtogeek.com/230773/how-to-play-pc-games-that-require-safedisc-or-securom-drm-on-windows...

Message 9 of 19 (15,636 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

yeah i mentioned all that in my first post.. was wondering if thats the solution EA recommends or if they will do anything about it. Not sure why it isnt digital downloadable since the PC system requirements are pretty much nothing and its still a great game.

Message 10 of 19 (15,634 Views)