Answers HQ- can't sign in on Chrome

by Cabelle1863

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Answers HQ- can't sign in on Chrome

★★★ Guide

I'm trying to type this on my phone, which is really clunky and inconvenient. I haven't been able to sign in to Answers HQ for over 2 days now on my PC. I use Chrome, and I get a message that this site can't be reached, accouunts.ea.com has unexpectedly closed the connection. I'm only able to sign in from the Chrome browser on my phone. Is this a known issue? I also tried "Is it down or just me?" and that website stated its down for everyone. Is this a known issue that is being worked on?

Message 1 of 7 (239 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Answers HQ- can't sign in on Chrome

★★★ Guide

Thanks! I was digging around and with some testing I found that it was a browser extension that was blocking my ability to sign in. Removed it, and it's all good now.

View in thread

Message 6 of 7 (135 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Guide

I also just checked Firefox and I can't log in on my computer with that browser either. The message is "secure connection failed error code PR_END_OF_FILE_ERROR. The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because the authenticity of the received data could not be verified."

Message 2 of 7 (231 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @Cabelle1863 can you try on a different system, not having any issues here and not seeing other reports of this.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 3 of 7 (198 Views)

★★★ Guide

Hi Darko, thanks for your help. I checked on my laptop and you're right, my issue seems tied to my desktop. I'm able to sign in on my laptop. What do I need to fix on my desktop? If it was happening with just one browser, I'd assume I had corrupted cookies or something wonky in the cache and clear it, but it's happening with Chrome, Firefox and Edge. Thanks!

Message 4 of 7 (176 Views)

Community Manager

All you can do @Cabelle1863 is try troubleshooting your laptop.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 5 of 7 (170 Views)

★★★ Guide

Thanks! I was digging around and with some testing I found that it was a browser extension that was blocking my ability to sign in. Removed it, and it's all good now.

Message 6 of 7 (136 Views)

Community Manager

Great to hear that @Cabelle1863.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 7 of 7 (98 Views)