Account information is not mine, need to unlink Xbox account.

by JuanRosales17

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Account information is not mine, need to unlink Xbox account.

★★★ Newbie

With Xbox Game pass Ultimate EA play is included. So I downloaded the app (on PC) and was logged in as JuanRosales17, born in 1990 and located in Venezuela which is not me. I believe the account has been hacked, but it has been a while since I have logged into the account. The only thing on this account which has anything to do with me is that my Xbox account is linked to it. In order to unlink my Xbox account, I need to send a confirmation email but the email on the account is not mine. To change the email, I need to send a confirmation email to the email I don't know. Suggestions would be appreciated, I don't see myself getting the account back since all the credentials are not mine but any ideas on how to unlink my Xbox account so that I could make a new Xbox account would be nice

Message 1 of 2 (107 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Account information is not mine, need to unlink Xbox account.

Community Manager

@JuanRosales17  

If you're in any way concerned someone's hacked your account, I would strongly encourage you to go through resetting these security steps asap! Please also make sure to take advantage of the security settings available for any of the connected accounts linked up to the EA account as well to ensure they are also secure.

• Select the EA App
  • Select one of the account issues like I cannot log in
  • You may get a pop-up that says login and get faster help
  • Select Continue without logging in
  • This should give you the chat/email option

Examples of connected accounts include the email address registered, accounts such as Steam, Amazon, and Twitch

Console accounts (PlayStation, Xbox, Nintendo Switch, etc)

Mobile accounts (Apple ID, Google Play)

Social Media accounts (Facebook).

EA_ShepardAHQ

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (87 Views)

All Replies

Re: Account information is not mine, need to unlink Xbox account.

Community Manager

@JuanRosales17  

If you're in any way concerned someone's hacked your account, I would strongly encourage you to go through resetting these security steps asap! Please also make sure to take advantage of the security settings available for any of the connected accounts linked up to the EA account as well to ensure they are also secure.

• Select the EA App
  • Select one of the account issues like I cannot log in
  • You may get a pop-up that says login and get faster help
  • Select Continue without logging in
  • This should give you the chat/email option

Examples of connected accounts include the email address registered, accounts such as Steam, Amazon, and Twitch

Console accounts (PlayStation, Xbox, Nintendo Switch, etc)

Mobile accounts (Apple ID, Google Play)

Social Media accounts (Facebook).

EA_ShepardAHQ

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 2 of 2 (88 Views)