Re: Account banned without reason, unable to close account

by Asmodeus566

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Account banned without reason, unable to close account

★ Novice

I have been trying to receive help with appealing a ban that was given while I was playing the remastered Dead Space (a solo game). I discovered that after several attempts to get an answer as to why, that EA auto sends a stock email telling me that they won’t help me. After several appeals I now understand that they will never give me access to this account. 
Now I have sent a request for EA to unlink/delete my account from my steam and they sent me several conflicting answers.

One was the same stock email ignoring my request, but I am also having a few agents claiming they might be able to help me and another recommended to read the terms of service which I did.

This issue has been unresolved for 3 weeks and I have never felt so bullied by a gaming company before. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Message 1 of 2 (137 Views)

Accepted Solution

@MJPolefox 

Deleting accounts Or Unlinking Accounts Just so you are aware EA will not Delete/unlink accounts that have Active Bans on them. The Ban would have to be lifted before you can delete/unlink the account.

From EA " We won't delete any account that has been banned. To delete your EA Account, you’ll first need to appeal your ban

Here is the link: https://help.ea.com/en/help/account/close-ea-account/  

The needs of the many,
outweigh the needs of the few or one. --Spock--

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Please note: I am a community volunteer – I do not work for EA.
Me Too – If you also have this problem – first post on thread has this button.
XP – For helpful comments (and to help others 'level up').
Mark As Solution – To help others find the answer to the issue now & in the future.

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (107 Views)

All Replies

@MJPolefox 

Deleting accounts Or Unlinking Accounts Just so you are aware EA will not Delete/unlink accounts that have Active Bans on them. The Ban would have to be lifted before you can delete/unlink the account.

From EA " We won't delete any account that has been banned. To delete your EA Account, you’ll first need to appeal your ban

Here is the link: https://help.ea.com/en/help/account/close-ea-account/  

The needs of the many,
outweigh the needs of the few or one. --Spock--

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Please note: I am a community volunteer – I do not work for EA.
Me Too – If you also have this problem – first post on thread has this button.
XP – For helpful comments (and to help others 'level up').
Mark As Solution – To help others find the answer to the issue now & in the future.
Message 2 of 2 (108 Views)