Can't connect to Origin

by vhx_500

Original Post

Can't connect to Origin

★★ Novice

Hi,

(I am simply reposting this from the FIFA 13 board. I was unaware that I was posting there until I re-read the forum title/heading)

I've been having this problem for almost 3 days now. For some reason, when I click on the Origin icon on my PC (Windows 7 x64 sp1), nothing happens. I see the Origin icon on the system tray, but clicking on it does nothing. I then right click and see I only have two options: either Open or Exit. Clicking on Exit then takes me to a pop-up screen from Origin telling me that Origin can't connect, or that I am offline.

My internet connection works fine with Steam and other sites load with no problems. So I tried uninstalling Origin and reinstalling it by going to www.origin.com/download. To my disappointment, that site doesn't load at all; it just takes me to a blank page. I then try going to help.ea.com, and while I get in to the site, it barely loads, there's a lot of missing graphics, and nothing happens when clicking on the Log In link so that I can submit a help ticket. I've also noticed that other EA-related sites such as social.bioware.com show the same problem as the EA help site (slow, not all graphics showing, etc).

Here's what I've done so far:

- Cleared browser cache/cookies, etc. (same result)

- Downloaded Origin from a third party site (filehippo.com) and installed it (same result)

- Restarted my computer (duh) (same result)

- Removed the router from setup, and hooked up straight to the modem (same result)

- Did a virus scan, checked firewall settings (nothing blocked), checked the computer's HOSTS file (no EA entries, no other entries at all)

- Temporarily disabled virus scan (i use avira) (same result)

- Tried accessing the origin download site and ea help site through a laptop and an ipod touch using the wireless router (same result, not getting through)

- Called my ISP and they said that there really is nothing wrong on their end, or with my internet signal, though they said they're escalating my concern to a tier 2 department (still waiting on response from them)

I'm honestly quite frustrated in trying to figure out what's wrong. I'm typing all of this from my pc at work (the ea help site and other sites work fine here). Any help from a kinds soul, or even an EA rep would be much appreciated.

Message 1 of 1 (200 Views)