Re: OK, back to malachite locations for a second...

by Lyinor

Original Post

OK, back to malachite locations for a second...

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

I found one really early on in the game in the Hinterlands.  I am pretty sure I looted it from a dead bandit.  It some how vanished over night while I was sleeping.  Idk, maybe I accidentally sold it.  

Anyway - I found 3 more in a chest [same local] up near the dragon in that boat that you need a mage to get to.  

Now, my question is; are there anymore known locations?  And, is there a certain level that it unattainable?

This will help many people out there who are new to the game and have this issue.  

Also, ---to the new folks, I suggest you hold on to any 'Fereldan Locks' for awhile.  I know those do not come back after a certain level.   Confusedmileywink:

Message 1 of 20 (53,419 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

---bump

Uhm, no more locations other than the chest?  This is not good. Confusedmileyindifferent:   Maybe I will avoid the Req. officer and she will forget about it.   haha!!

Message 2 of 20 (53,312 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Same issue. After I defeated the dragon there, I looted that boat. Sold them like I had Quartz, and other stones. Turns out I needed it for a requisition, and I've yet been able to find them again and I am over 130 hours in. I could have sworn a merchant in Val Royeux used to sell baubles like this but when I went, he only had a few items. E-cookie if anyone else finds somewhere to buy them or guaranteed loot spot.  

Message 3 of 20 (53,296 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

It's like the rarest of rares.  Maybe we will find out more as people progress through the game.  All I know is, there should be a safe place for things we might have to use.  Like, DA:2, trash went straight to trash.  I want Origins back.  I appreciate the graphics and blah blah blah, but nothing beats the first Dragon Age.  Everything was perfect from creating your character to the battles, story lines, love scenes... Ah, the good old days...  Confusedmileyhappy:

Message 4 of 20 (53,287 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Okay, people, at this point he ONLY place for sure to loot some malachite [and you're supposed to get 3] is from a chest in the Hinterlands AFTER you defeat a dragon.  You'll find a bridge that needs to be energized, so bring a mage.  After that, cross the bridge and you will find some boats.  Search, you will find the chest.  All I have to say is guard that malachite with your life.   The rest may be found on low level bandits and possibly mages...

Message 5 of 20 (53,279 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I need those decorative gems.  i gave up on the malachite.

Message 6 of 20 (53,074 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

i found one at Crestwood at the rusted horn before you Drain the lake to the right there is a lader to go down by the front door there is a chest at the botom there is 1 malachite in it   hope this helps found it the second time i played throuh 

Message 7 of 20 (50,706 Views)

★★ Novice

I need those decorative gems.  i gave up on the malachite.

Both of these sidequests remain open on my almost finished game. No gems, no malachite. I'll trawl maps endlessly to complete stuff, but if it's made almost impossible, why include these things at all?

Message 8 of 20 (50,679 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Malachite and other valuables are not bound by region and therefore can drop everywhere.

Personally, I sold my Malachite multiple times (because is classified a valuable automatically) before realizing that's necessary for a quest.

Most of it I did receive in Emprise du Lion, fighting against Red Templar mobs.

Message 9 of 20 (50,669 Views)

Re: Malachite Location

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I found three malachite after killing the High Dragon in Hinterlands, Fereldan Frostback. I found them NorthEast of the dragon's nest by the shore on a dwarfen boat. You will need a mage to repair the little bridge so you can get across. The loot is on the boat. The fourth one I found while sealing the 3rd cave during the Keeping the Darkspawn Down mission. By the Driftwood Margin Camp. First walk north from the camp down the hill, turn right along the shoreloine. You will see a boat on its side followed by white petrofied wood. Turn right when you see the last peice of to petrofied wood. The cave is just up the hill. I killed the darkspawn in front of the cave.One of the darkspawn dropped one malachite. 

Message 10 of 20 (50,072 Views)