Re: Hour-long loading times in Dragon Age: Inquisition for PC?

by TheSloth2222

Original Post

★ Apprentice

Here is the DXDiag log just finished Wolfenstein 2 in about 10h's non stop playing perfectly fine also Destiny 2, Shadow of mordor , Shadow of war, rise of the tomb raider etc they all play really fine all on max specs no issues at all

Message 11 of 20 (1,500 Views)

★ Apprentice

I also found it really weird as all other games load fine i tried to restart it a few times and nothing improved have all games installed on the normal hdd the sdd it's os only i just gave up and went to play something else Tongue out

Message 12 of 20 (1,495 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@xapimAnnnnnd... here's your problem:

---------------
Display Devices
---------------
           Card name: Intel(R) HD Graphics 630

That GPU will never be able to run DAI (or any other Frostbite-based game) well enough to be playable.

You need to set your rig to use the nVidia GTX 1050ti you said you had, instead of the woefully under powered Intel graphics chip.

Message 13 of 20 (1,483 Views)

@ThandalNLyman

System is a laptop, and has a GTX1050TI...being a laptop it will always display the Intel crap first.

My personal belief of the issues would lean more toward.....

1)

Windows Error Reporting:
+++ WER0 +++:
Fault bucket , type 0
Event Name: SkyDriveClientError
Response: Not available
Cab Id: 0

Problem signature:
P1: OneDriveSetup.exe
P2: 17.3.6816.0313
P3: OneDriveSetup.exe
P4: 17.3.6816.0313
P5: 0x80040692
P6: Installer
P7: application.cpp
P8: 166
P9:
P10:

OR

2)

Disk & DVD/CD-ROM Drives
------------------------
Drive: C:
Free Space: 22.3 GB
Total Space: 121.0 GB
File System: NTFS
Model: LITEON CV3-8D128

Drive: D:
Free Space: 16.9 GB
Total Space: 953.9 GB
File System: NTFS
Model: WDC WD10SPZX-21Z10T0

Either the systems is running low on HD space and is taking awhile to find all the files cause they are spread around OR the Cloud one drive is making the game download the files because they are stored on the web instead of on the PC.   Personally, clean up your HDs, remove some stuff to free up 200Gigs of space, make sure the game and all saves are on the machine, turn OFF cloud backup and see if it runs better.  Also put in exceptions for DAI in your Anti-Virus so it leaves it alone as you are trying to play.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am NOT an EA employee, I am just a simple gamer like most everyone else here volunteering my help to those who may can use it .....That means I have to pay for my games just like you, lol.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 14 of 20 (1,469 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

@mcsupersport

The microsoft onedrive it's not used (not signed it) came pre installed with the os regarding the gpu i have it using the Nvidia graphics only in the nvidia control panel (dunno if that does anything or not thats the way i found out to use the dedicated graphics only) and about the hdd space might be the issue but i have more online games and they all load and play fine like overwatch, FFIV and i had much more free space when i tried dragon age before i installed Glyph which is consuming about 65gb and even shadow of morndor which is one of the largest games i have ever seen in an hdd (106gb) runs really smooth so haven't got a clue about this issue Tongue out

Message 15 of 20 (1,444 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

@ThandalNLyman

Like i said in the previous post it's set up to use the gtx only in the nvidia cp

Message 16 of 20 (1,437 Views)

Two things to try....

1)  Clean boot your computer, making sure only the basics are loaded and run....IE op system, Oriign and DAI.  Test and see if it works.

2)  Create another profile on your PC, load Origin and DAI on that profile and play...may require clearing HD space, as I don't know if it will just reuse the same game or have to install a separate version for the new profile.

Also are you running any Mods??  I have to say, that hardware SHOULD have MUCH quicker loads.

I am NOT an EA employee, I am just a simple gamer like most everyone else here volunteering my help to those who may can use it .....That means I have to pay for my games just like you, lol.
Message 17 of 20 (1,418 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

No mods running here i will try to play in another profile see how it goes Standard smile

EDIT

ok i tried it in my other profile and after creating a new character in order to be able to move the saves (it wont recognize the old saves without creating a new character first) managed to load my old saves.

So i had 38 seconds from clicking play (on origin) to the game main menu and about  1:30 minutes or less to load the save, and i got back to my main windows profile after i reseted the laptop battery and crashed it on purpose to try to fix the boot so in my main profile 1st try and i got 1:38 to main menu and 2:08 from main menu to loading the save 2nd try (after maybe getting it cached) and the results are:

45:80 from start to main menu and 42.59 from main menu to load the save total 1:28.41 from pressing play to actually playing so this means as far as im concerned it's a preety good result and the graphics are all on max Standard smile

After all this is a pretty good gaming laptop and if i get good results on all other newer games why shouldn't i get it too on DAI this was really weird but seems sorted for now might install win 7 when i have a chance to upgrade the m.2 ssd to a larger 256gb nvme and maybe also upgrade the normal hd to a 2tb sshd (im using sshd's in my older laptops and they are pretty fast to load the os comparing with the normal hd it's a shame toshiba won't make 2tb sshd or bigger because i have one from toshiba 1tb and one from seagate 2tb that's rubbish already had to get it replaced lost everything and not the first seagate, samsung and wd i burn because my laptops are on 24/7 356/6 days /year, already burned so many hdd's in my old desktop back home got tired of counting what i lost but it really pisses me off when u loose everything without being able to recover it because either the hdd stops or is not recognized anymore in the bios Tongue out).

The ssd's are still too expensive and it's not worth it in my opinion just for the os its enough

Message 18 of 20 (1,406 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi.  I have a very similar setup but I can’t even get decent frame rates and resolutions, etc.  doesn’t seem to use the Gpu at all.  Origins does but inquisition itself just relies on cpu and then also takes forever to load besides being slow.  How did you get it to run with the gpu?  Thanks in advance.

Message 19 of 20 (1,042 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi. I have a very similar setup but I can’t even get decent frame rates and resolutions, etc. doesn’t seem to use the Gpu at all. Origins does but inquisition itself just relies on cpu and then also takes forever to load besides being slow. How did you get it to run with the gpu? Thanks in advance.
Message 20 of 20 (1,041 Views)