Re: Game won't launch on Steam

by NATEWHITE192

Original Post

Game won't launch on Steam

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Hello I bought DA:I on steam a few weeks ago and I barely started playing it today, I began to customize my character and decided to try and install a mod manager called Frost to get some extra options for my character. I went through all the steps to install the mod I wanted and tried to launch the game but it won't start from steam.

I thought it might be something to do with the mods or the mod manager I installed so I deleted them, but the game still wont start up, I will click play on steam and it will begin to load up origin and then shut itself down after a few seconds. I have turned off my anti virus software Window security but I'm not having much luck.  

Edit: I would also like to add that I have re-installed the game and verified the games files on steam but it doesn't seem to have done anything. 

Message 1 of 6 (728 Views)

Step one is post up a DxDiag file so we can see hardware and system crash info.

Also, you may try a clean boot(diagnostics boot) to see if something is interfering, but other than that, nothing more can really be done until we have more info, ie DxDiag file.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am NOT an EA employee, I am just a simple gamer like most everyone else here volunteering my help to those who may can use it .....That means I have to pay for my games just like you, lol.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 2 of 6 (672 Views)

★★ Novice

Here is the DxDiag file, I was able to get it to work on Origin for a while, but now its just doing the same thing as steam. 

Message 3 of 6 (663 Views)

1)  Disable the Razor background program, it is a known cross program interference.

2)  Make sure your computer is using the Nvidia graphics card, double/triple check your settings.

3)  Rename your saves folder for DAI.  This will reset all settings and get rid of saves to see if something is corrupted.  Game will create a new folder, and allow you to transfer saves back over as needed.  If it does fix the issue, then transfer saves a few at a time until you get to an issue starting and then remove last save until it works again.  If it doesn't fix it, then transfer them back once you have a working game again.

4)  Disable all overlays, steam, Origin, Nvidia, Razor, teamspeak, discord, or any other until all are gone and see if it starts.  Bring back one at a time if problem fixed, or same as saves wait until working game to bring them back fully.

5)  Clean boot your system, this is a diagnostics boot, meaning you only boot up the absolute minimum programs needed to run the game.  If it works then, you can start bringing more online until you find culprit...do batches as it is quicker.

6)  Do each of these numbers one at a time, meaning don't do all at once since you may not know what fixed the issue.

Good luck, and post back to keep us updated and for more suggestions.

I am NOT an EA employee, I am just a simple gamer like most everyone else here volunteering my help to those who may can use it .....That means I have to pay for my games just like you, lol.
Message 4 of 6 (634 Views)

★ Novice

i have the exact same problem and a lot of people on steam seems to have it to.

I already tried everything and still did not found a fix.

Please help

Message 5 of 6 (611 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Novice

Thanks you for the suggestions but unfortunately nothing seems to be changing, I think it must be some problem my pc is having with Origin when the game begins to boot up. I do really want to play this game after going through DA:O again but it seems pretty unlikely at this point. 

Message 6 of 6 (580 Views)