Complete Lack of Customer Service

by PaganSimmer

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Complete Lack of Customer Service

★★★ Novice

I've submitted two error reports and have received NO RESPONSE! This is not the way to do business with folks you supposedly value. Hundreds of dollars spent and, when there's an issue, as a customer, I expect some courtesy and a little respect.

Message 1 of 8 (740 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Complete Lack of Customer Service

I am NOT with EA, just a fellow gamer that has helped 100s of people with this issue.

If you wish some help from me, then could you try one thing, and answer some questions??  And post a DxDiag file so we can look at the specs of your machine and possibly get some crash notes at the bottom.

Most common issue with this is Avast/AVG anti-virus causing issues.  Putting in global exclusions for DAI, Origin program and the saves folder for DAI, into the GLOBAL lists for your anti-virus fixes this issue for most...not all but most.  There are two versions, one is scanning exceptions which doesn't help, the other is global exceptions and that prevents your AV from scanning or messing with the running of the programs on the list, which is what you need.

Questions are:  What Anti-virus do you use?  Do you use Razor or Steel products on your PC??  

I will post this thread up to the CMs on board and they can maybe look into your error reports...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am NOT an EA employee, I am just a simple gamer like most everyone else here volunteering my help to those who may can use it .....That means I have to pay for my games just like you, lol.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View in thread

Message 2 of 8 (733 Views)

All Replies

I am NOT with EA, just a fellow gamer that has helped 100s of people with this issue.

If you wish some help from me, then could you try one thing, and answer some questions??  And post a DxDiag file so we can look at the specs of your machine and possibly get some crash notes at the bottom.

Most common issue with this is Avast/AVG anti-virus causing issues.  Putting in global exclusions for DAI, Origin program and the saves folder for DAI, into the GLOBAL lists for your anti-virus fixes this issue for most...not all but most.  There are two versions, one is scanning exceptions which doesn't help, the other is global exceptions and that prevents your AV from scanning or messing with the running of the programs on the list, which is what you need.

Questions are:  What Anti-virus do you use?  Do you use Razor or Steel products on your PC??  

I will post this thread up to the CMs on board and they can maybe look into your error reports...

I am NOT an EA employee, I am just a simple gamer like most everyone else here volunteering my help to those who may can use it .....That means I have to pay for my games just like you, lol.
Message 2 of 8 (734 Views)

★★★ Novice
I'm not entirely sure where to find the one files you want to see. I'll have my fiance take a look and post those to you in a few days.

I sincerely appreciate your willingness to help so many gamers out. Thank you.
Message 3 of 8 (705 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Hello @PaganSimmer

here are the instructions to the file @mcsupersport was asking for : 

DXDIAG 

Looking forward to hear from you, whenever you have some time Standard smile 

Message 4 of 8 (695 Views)

★★★ Novice

I did the exclusion with the AV and now the game opens and seems to be working!

I'm so excited! I've been waiting until I can get all three to work so that I can stream them.

Thank you both so very much for the help.

*Shouts "Huzzah" thrice each for @mcsupersport and @EA_Unity.* 

Message 5 of 8 (639 Views)

@PaganSimmer enjoy the games  ! Party hat  Heart

Message 6 of 8 (558 Views)

★★★ Novice

I've played through the first two about 4 times each and Inquisition 1 time already, but now I'll be able to stream them and enjoy the games with my community.

*Chuckles softly*

Yeah... I'm a Dragon Age junkie. Thanks though. Really appreciate all the help.

Message 7 of 8 (415 Views)

Glad to read this @PaganSimmer Heart

Message 8 of 8 (398 Views)