Re: Atom RPG console command menu issues

by Batmanstuff318

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Console command menu issues

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Does anyone have insight as to why I can't open the console command menu while playing this game? I've tried several methods I found online and nothing works. Getting very frustrated. 

Message 1 of 9 (1,343 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager

@Batmanstuff318 

Cheats are available for console- to open the cheat box on Xbox, you'd press and hold LT + RT + LB + RB and the command box should open for you. 

This won't work from the main menu of the game though, you'll need to be either in Live Mode, Build Mode or Manage Worlds for the cheat box to appear. 

solaire.png

View in thread

Message 4 of 9 (1,314 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hi there @Batmanstuff318,

Could you let me know which console you're playing on please?

Are you trying to open the cheat bar in Live Mode, Build Mode, Manage Worlds, or where exactly? 

solaire.png

Message 2 of 9 (1,321 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hello, yes I am playing on an Xbox One S. From what I've recently gathered, it doesn't look like I can use console commands on an Xbox. 

Message 3 of 9 (1,317 Views)

Community Manager

@Batmanstuff318 

Cheats are available for console- to open the cheat box on Xbox, you'd press and hold LT + RT + LB + RB and the command box should open for you. 

This won't work from the main menu of the game though, you'll need to be either in Live Mode, Build Mode or Manage Worlds for the cheat box to appear. 

solaire.png

Message 4 of 9 (1,315 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Newbie

Thanks for confirming i can do it on Xbox. Read so many back and forth answers throughout the web. I guess I am unsure how to get myself in those modes though. 

Message 5 of 9 (1,285 Views)

Community Manager

@Batmanstuff318 

Would you mind attaching a screenshot to your post of where you are in-game so I can better direct you? Standard smile

solaire.png

Message 6 of 9 (1,276 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie
So where exactly am I supposed to be? I've tried it while in the world and on all the menus and it won't work

Message 7 of 9 (158 Views)

Champion

@AfootCartoon737 Are you trying to open the cheats menu on console? You need to hold down LT + LB and RT + RB all 4 bumpers and triggers together at the front of the controller to open up the cheats box. It can be done in any mode and will look like the same box you use to type in names, etc. There's a guide attached here:

https://simscommunity.info/sims-4-cheats/

If this isn't what you're asking could you please select New Topic and explain your issue and your platform. 

You should be aware aware that any cheats requiring testing cheats to be entered will disable console achievements.

I don't work for EA. I'm a Volunteer.
+XP for helpful answers from fellow players.
Accept as Solution helps others find the answer.
Message 8 of 9 (111 Views)

Community Manager

Hi all,

As this thread has gotten a bit older now, it's been locked to prevent necro-posting.

If you're needing further help on this topic, please feel free to create a new thread instead and we'd be happy to take a look with you Standard smile

Don't "necropost." Reviving, updating or bumping old, outdated and irrelevant threads is not helpful for our community. It's best to check when the thread was created before you hit post, just to make sure it's not 2 years old for example.

solaire.png

Message 9 of 9 (92 Views)