Re: Can't log in to The Simpsons Tapped Out

by bscarrillo

Original Post

Can't log in to The Simpsons Tapped Out

★ Apprentice

I have been trying to log into my game since Sunday.  I was given that I need to do the age check, which I did.  Then it tells me to needing to log back in, which I do click on that, and when I do click on it, the game shuts off.  I have tried many times to log into the game on my phone, but every time I click on the icon to login, the game turns off.  I will not restart the game as I have been playing since the start of the game and have made a lot of progress in the game.  I have uninstalled the game and reinstalled the game, and still the same problem.  There is no an event and I can't even get into the game to play and I won't be able to game the event.  I have tried to contact EA for help, but I have not heard back from anyone.  When I look at my cases, it says that it is waiting on the player but I have NOT gotten anything back.  I love playing this game and have been playing for so long and now I can't even play it and I would hate to have to stop playing the game.  Can someone please help since I am not getting much help from EA.

Message 1 of 7 (499 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I'd like to help yet I appear to be having a similar issue. Every time they seem to do an update (new missions) I get logged out to verify my age asked to log back in have to get a code emailed to me or sent to my phone then the game tells me the code is incorrect!! NOT THE FIRST TIME EITHER! 

Sorry mate, if i get anywhere I'll let you know.

Message 2 of 7 (489 Views)

★ Apprentice
@naynay350 I have never had a problem when they do the verifying my age. But this time, I am not able to login. Clicking on the login, turns the game off.
Message 3 of 7 (483 Views)

[ Edited ]

@naynay350 - the code needs to be sent to the same email as registered on your EA account and entered within 10 minutes. It's also best to type it rather than copy and paste because that can sometimes add a rogue space.

If that's what you are doing and it's still rejecting it try clearing the code you typed than typing it and trying again, sometimes happens to me and that has worked so far.

If you still have issues head to your EA account and -

Check everything is correct

Check your email is verified

If you haven't already I'd recommend adding a second email for account recovery and perhaps a phone number. If you then choose the Phone option at log-in you can get the codes via SMS.

Important : Change your password. As long it's no more than 15 characters and only has letters and numbers you can change it to the one you already use.

Make sure to hit Update to save the changes.

@bscarrillo - I fear there may be compatibility problems with your device but I'm not sure.

If there is it won't help that the files for the xmas update are bigger than usual, sorry.

Hopefully someone can find an answer for you, but I'm thinking the worst.

EDIT - I'll add -  When I first started playing it was on a cheap tablet, and when I got a phone it worked at first but only for a few weeks. After that it'd crash on start-up or after a short time tapping. In the beginning I could go delete or uninstall stuff then head to Settings to shut down as much of the stuff that was running and it'd work fine again. Eventually even that didn't help and I had to accept that the phone wasn't capable of running the game.

I am going to cross my fingers that this isn't the case for you, but it is what I think is happening.

CCP Hero Banner 2 Grande.png

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
PS - NO ADD ME'S   List is too full, sorry

Like you I'm only a player, but I hope I can help Standard smile
Message 4 of 7 (469 Views)

★ Apprentice
@1-Graham-S I have never had a problem with the game working on my phone. In fact I have a OnePlus which the game has working a lot better than on my old phone. The OnePlus is kind of a gamer phone I guess you can say. My brother has an older OnePlus, and he plays many games and never has a problem.
Message 5 of 7 (410 Views)

@bscarrillo - I'm not familiar with the device, but I do know TSTO needs a lot of storage and a lot of memory to run at all, never mind run well compared with a lot of other games.
From what I've read most, if not all, of the likely solutions have been suggested and tried and I was fearing the worst.
I gave up on that old phone I mentioned and the replacement I got years ago runs better than the new tablet I got a while back !!
In fact I sent one of the new tablets I bought back, when I went to install TSTO it took hours to download the game files then crashed before the splash screen even showed. Deep joy !!
If you do have an older or alternative device available perhaps keep using that just to tap.

CCP Hero Banner 2 Grande.png

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
PS - NO ADD ME'S   List is too full, sorry

Like you I'm only a player, but I hope I can help Standard smile
Message 6 of 7 (406 Views)

★ Apprentice
@1-Graham-S It is a new phone that has been out for about I believe 5 years. But I have a lot of storage room, thank good. I have only used up about 30% of my storage with all of the games and pic/videos that I have.
Message 7 of 7 (383 Views)