game freezing every sith raid since updating phone to android 11

★★ Novice

Product: Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes
Platform:Android Phone
What type of device are you experiencing the issue with? Samsung Note 10 5G
OS Version Android 11
Ally Code: (Find it here: http://bit.ly/AllyCode ) 289-538-918
What type of issue do you have? Gameplay
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Summarize your bug Game is freezing in the middle of the Heroic Sith Raid every single raid since updating my phone to Android 11. It usually happens in PHASE 2 when darth sion uses his AoE for the first time. It has made me finish in last place for the sith raid the last 2 weeks, every single time. I have also experienced a freeze when loading into Grand Arena. I uninstalled, reinstalled game, it did not help. It's clearly an incompatibility issue with the game, this phone, android 11. I have never experienced any freezes before android 11.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I don't suppose you can unless you test with the same phone, I doubt an android emulator would work since Samsung phones run a custom UI of android.
Connection Type Wifi
Please select your region North America
Country United States

Game is freezing in the middle of the Heroic Sith Raid every single raid since updating my phone to Android 11.  It usually happens in PHASE 2 when darth sion uses his AoE for the first time. It has made me finish in last place for the sith raid the last 2 weeks, every single time.  I have also experienced a freeze when loading into Grand Arena.  I uninstalled, reinstalled game, it did not help. It's clearly an incompatibility issue with the game, this phone, android 11.  I have never experienced any freezes before android 11.

Message 1 of 3 (270 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: game freezing every sith raid since updating phone to android 11

EA Live QV Team

Hi @Photogd and thanks for reporting this.

We have checked and we couldn't see anything out of the ordinary from the logs available to us, but we did run into this while running through the raid.

We have reported it to the team for further investigation.

View in thread

Message 3 of 3 (237 Views)

All Replies

★★ Novice

Just to add more info:

I am running sith raid with an SLKR first order team but I do not think that has any impact.

My phone is a high end phone with 12gb of memory, and when the game freezes I have no other apps running in the background.

I have a perfectly fine fiber wifi connection with 1000/1000 speeds.

I am an android developer myself and own an app company, and can tell you with 100% certainty the issue is not with my phone or connection. It's a bug in the game.

I would hook my phone up to android studio debug console and see what's happening but unfortunately sith raid goes by too quick. But I may try it the next sith raid.

Message 2 of 3 (259 Views)

EA Live QV Team

Hi @Photogd and thanks for reporting this.

We have checked and we couldn't see anything out of the ordinary from the logs available to us, but we did run into this while running through the raid.

We have reported it to the team for further investigation.

Message 3 of 3 (238 Views)