Re: Revenant’s Ultimate disappearing (Bug)

by mkthunderwd

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Revenant’s Ultimate disappearing (Bug)

★★ Novice

Product: Apex Legends
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Please specify your platform model. Sony PlayStation 4 Pro
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? Extremenoob75
Please provide your squad mates' gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name if possible.
Are you using any software with an overlay? No
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)? Revenant
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)?
Where did the issue occur? In a match
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. Western Fragment
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. I was in the finale fight and attempt to use Revenant’s ultimate
Did your squad mates also experience the issue? I don't know
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? 1 with Pathfinder and 3 with Revenant
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 02/04/20 9:20pm Est
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
How severe is your issue? Minor impact to gameplay
What happens when the bug occurs? Revenant’s ultimate when used disappears before anyone can use its ability.
What should be happening instead? If what I think is happening is that it can’t be placed so close to a object Or wall but uses the ultimate anyway then instead it should not be used and some form of notification that it can’t be placed there, something like Lifeline’s ultimate placement outline or a voice line from Revenant (ex. Death won’t allow that)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Place near a wall, object or a piece of vertical terrain

Here’s a video of the bug in action https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5OMw8N1UWYs 

Would have tested further for a more accurate explanation for the bug my self but filling this out didn’t take so much time which I don’t have a lot of.

If not a bug then please let me know why this happened 

Message 1 of 10 (2,378 Views)

Accepted Solution

Hello everyone. Just cleaning up the bug section here and noticed this one wasn't marked as solved yet.

The geometry bug with the dead totem was fixed in a season 4 patch.

View in thread

Message 4 of 10 (2,190 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Newbie
@Extremenoob75 Can confirm also happened to me during the final fight. Placed ult near our only piece of cover and it broke. We lost the game because of this.
Message 2 of 10 (2,349 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@Extremenoob75 Many people on reddit and in other plataforms have happened to them that is something they should fix
Message 3 of 10 (2,283 Views)

Hello everyone. Just cleaning up the bug section here and noticed this one wasn't marked as solved yet.

The geometry bug with the dead totem was fixed in a season 4 patch.

Message 4 of 10 (2,191 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I am still getting this bug as of 17th January 2021 (17.1.2021). I was playing on World's Edge with my friend. I was a Revenant and my friend was a Caustic. I was near the tunnels that lead to the Vault. I placed my ult too near to the jeep/humvee and the ult didn't appear but my ultimate indicator showed that I had used the ult and it went on cooldown...

We practically lost the game because of this. I seriously think that either you should get an error message and the ultimate shouldn't be used if it's not placeable or it should place it near where you pointed but not at the exact point if it isn't valid. Either way... if the ultimate doesn't appear, it shouldn't register as being used... I mean similar to Lifeline. It shows when you can place your ultimate and you can't just lose it so that it would go on cooldown and you wouldn't get your Lifeline Care Package. Please fix!

Platform: PC, Windows 10. Launcher: Steam.

Message 5 of 10 (2,017 Views)

★★★ Novice

I still get this bug as well whenever I place it too close or it clips with something the entire totem just dissappears alongside the effect and then that's not ultimate.

Message 6 of 10 (1,577 Views)

★★★ Newbie

i have this problem too. i hope EA fix this bug soon Frown

Message 7 of 10 (1,434 Views)

★★ Novice

I don't think this problem has been solved yet. (Machine translation from Japanese)

https://youtu.be/oTClf3VFeSk

Message 8 of 10 (1,144 Views)

★★ Guide
@gargoyle2222 can confirm, happened to me yesterday with Rev and Horizon ult. It seems that certain parts of the map, especially uneven ground ones do cancel ults.
Message 9 of 10 (1,102 Views)

★ Guide

The issue hasn't been fully solved yet. The link skips to just before the bug occurs:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56G5_9I3FXY&t=976s

The way the totem is finally placed by the game may need to be changed. The server or client needs to find a place (mulligan) between max placement distance and the Revenant player that will not get the totem deleted for whatever reason. Brainstorm: how about shooting an invisible projectile the size of the death totem that can only collide with terrain?

Message 10 of 10 (813 Views)