Omicron Mara Jade and Hux interaction in TW

by hunchew

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Omicron Mara Jade and Hux interaction in TW

★ Guide

I believe there may be issue with the interaction between Mara Jade omicron ability and General Hux with a full FO team (in my case specifically omicron Phasma lead).

Mara Jade omicron specifies that Mara Jade "gains 100% turn meter" in TW "at the start of battle".

General Hux Boundless Ambition states that Hux "gains Advantage for 2 turns at the start of each encounter" and "if all allies are FO, enemies can not gain bonus turn meter".

Does Mara Jade 100% turn meter count as " bonus turn meter".   To try and understand, I looked at swgoh.gg ability mechanics.

Mara Jade mechanic is defined "Recover 100% turn meter" with descriptive tag "speed_recovery"

Hux ability specifically affects "speed recovery" with an Immunity 

From reading this, it seems like Hux should prevent MaraJade initial 100% turn meter gain.  However, that doesn't seem to function that way.   Subsequent turn meter gains are prevented, but the initially, Mara Jade still moves first against an Omicron Phasma team with General Hux present. 

Message 1 of 11 (867 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Omicron Mara Jade and Hux interaction in TW

Hero (Retired)

Like @EnigmaPotatoes said, it's an order of operations thing. Uniques apply individually in a specific order. So if Mara's triggers first, Hux can't stop her.

View in thread

Message 5 of 11 (777 Views)

All Replies

★★★★ Guide
@hunchew When you tested it, which team was on offense? I'm assuming you used Phasma against Mara Jade on defense?
Message 2 of 11 (833 Views)

★ Guide
@EnigmaPotatoes Correct. It was Phasma lead FO vs EP lead Starkiller with Mara Jade.
Message 3 of 11 (822 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@hunchew So "normally", Enemy Uniques trigger first.
So it's likely that Hux Unique blocks Mara's starting TM when it's Mara attacking Hux.

But not when it's reversed.

But it's hard to test this as it's an Omicron.
Message 4 of 11 (815 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Like @EnigmaPotatoes said, it's an order of operations thing. Uniques apply individually in a specific order. So if Mara's triggers first, Hux can't stop her.

Message 5 of 11 (778 Views)

★ Guide

Well, that's entirely inconsistent behavior.   The one consistency we have understood (that immunity operation takes priority) is now tossed due to order of operations at the beginning of the match.  Looks like a definition of a bug to me. 

Message 6 of 11 (642 Views)

★ Guide

Some additional information.  Consider a scenario of FO+Hux vs Iden Version + trooper team.  By your logic, Iden unique would apply first, but test has shown that it may not necessarily always be the case as demonstrate by the attached image. 

Screenshot_2022-04-08_at_19.06.43.png
Message 7 of 11 (638 Views)

@hunchew Are you sure the opposing Mara didn't just outspeed your Phasma? Before Starkiller's unique is factored in, she'd need to be 346 or higher to go first.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 8 of 11 (621 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@hunchew Yes it is inconsistent, there are tons of interactions in this game that are inconsistent.
Swgoh and inconsistency tend to go hand in hand.

For the record, I'm not defending how it should function. More explaining the way it likely works.

CG are capable of "fixing" it, as JMK correctly blocks the TM gain even though it would occur later on the order of operations.
Message 9 of 11 (608 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@ChristophIVThis is omicron Phasma in TW. She gains 100 speed and 37.5% TM at the start of battle. A 260 speed phasma is 541 effective at the start. 

Message 10 of 11 (596 Views)