Re: Misplaced Objects when Bringing in Penthouse Dorm at Britechester

by TheSimsDirect

Original Post

EA Sims Team

Marked as Solution for Visibility. This is still an open issue.

Sul Sul! 

Thank you all for submitting your information and save files!

At this time we do not need anymore.

The team will investigate.

Message 121 of 122 (1,145 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Hi there!

I recently tried something to get rid of those floating objects in one of my safe games. I edited the save file directly with S4S and saw, that for whatever reason, some of those Street Data objects duplicated themselves into the Zone Object Data of higher lots like appartements. After I deleted those duplicates from the Zone Object Data, I loaded my affected lots in one Street (I tried Foxbury Institute here) and the floating objects were gone - yay!

BUT (!!!) they reappear after like two lot switches within this street and at exactly the same location like before I deleted the items. Then I checked the x/y/z locations of those duplicates and compared them to the original items in the Street Data, and they are EXACTLY THE SAME??? How can this be? Unless for whatever reason those duplicates are saved in an offset to the world's centre, or mistake the world's centre with the centre of the active lot? I can't wrap my head around this. And they reappear every single time. Especially with moo'ed objects or tooled off lot objects. But I am convinced this isn't a problem of tool mod. It is may a problem of moo or not even that as those flying festival objects are a EA vanilla problem and not cheat or mod related by any means.

I hope you guys find a solution to this for at least future save games as this is just irritating. And if this is intended behaviour to shorten spawning times of time-limited items like for the festivals, I would suggest you let them spawn UNDER the world and NOT OVER the world. There is enough space down there and nobody would see those items there.

Wish you all the luck and all the best! Keep your heads up! Standard smile

Message 122 of 122 (140 Views)