Original Post

Highlighted

[Multiple packs] Objects don't show in Gallery Previews unless saved on a lot

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.73.57.1030 (64 Bit)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Outdoor Retreat, Get Together, Cats and Dogs, Seasons, Get Famous, Island Living, Courtyard Oasis Kit
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? 1) Create a new save. 2) Open the Gallery, and find a lot which includes one of the aforementioned packs. 3) Open this pack's Gallery pop-up preview, check the Build objects included in this pack, and take note of the last listed object in the list. 4) Go back to your new save, and go in Build mode on an empty lot. 5) Use/place an object amongst those listed in my 2nd post in this thread 6) Save the lot to the Gallery. 7) Check the Gallery Preview popups, and for every pack included, check out the list of Build items in the lists accessible with the buttons "Show used items" and "Show all pack items". 8) Repeat for all object categories listed in my 2nd post in this thread
What happens when the bug occurs? *For platform trims*: for any pack you checked in step 7, in "Show used items", there should now be items whose thumbnails are white squares with a red cross (listed after the last object in the list in step 3), and as many as the platforms trims which you used from that pack. It seems that these thumbnail-less items correspond to the platform trims added to the saved lot, and that they only appear–without a thumbnail–in all Gallery pop-up previews step 7 once they get saved in a lot. *For other object categories*: Same as with platform trims, but they have a proper thumbnail.
What do you expect to see? In the Gallery Previews popups, I expected to see all Build objects to be shown in the list all the time (not just after saving a lot with pack-specific platform trims in step 6). I also expected platform trims to have thumbnails in the Gallery Previews popups.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Patch 1.73.48.1030

See my 2nd post in this thread for a list of objects categories affected by this bug. This bug was previously reported here and was split into its own thread per request.

As an example, I have attached pictures of how the 2 platform trims from Get Together show up in step 7 after saving a lot which uses them.

Platforms trims weren't showing up at all in Gallery pop-up previews between patch 1.68.154.1020 (which introduced platforms and platform trims to the game) and patch 1.73.48.1030.

Message 1 of 2 (673 Views)

Re: [OR][GT][CD][S][GF][IL] Platform trims inconsistently show up in Gallery pre

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

I think I'll need to edit this bug this it also affect Courtyard Oasis [COK] in a broader way. Build objects from [COK] which belong to the categories mentioned in the 7th bug I reported here are affected. Same symptom as with platform trims: Build objects from certain categories don't show up in the Gallery Preview popups until they've been used on a newly saved lot or room:

• [COK] Friezes
  • [COK] Platform trims
  • [COK] Fences
  • [COK] Stairs and ladders
  • [COK] Stair railings
  • [COK] Columns
  • [COK] Spandrels
  • [OR][GT][CD][S][GF][IL][COK] Platform trims, which eventually show up without a thumbnail.

For Courtyard Oasis, this means that almost 1/3rd of the Build objects included in the pack are missing in in-game Gallery Previews, unless a player already has the Kit and saved a lot with all Build objects from it.

Message 2 of 2 (619 Views)