[FIXED] Toddler jittery walk (Patch 1.81/1.49)

by xjodielaura

Original Post

Re: Broken Toddler walking animations

★★★★ Apprentice

Same issue here, and all of my households have toddlers. They all jittery walk. They also NEVER run anymore, and I miss that animation.

Message 21 of 85 (1,725 Views)

Re: [NEEDS SAVES] Toddler jittery walk (Patch 1.81/1.49)

★ Guide

I just had a pair of toddlers (unplanned twins, uh oh) and they are both doing this. I am unconvinced that they are not a pair of demons, stutter-stepping about.

Message 22 of 85 (1,626 Views)

Re: Toddler jittery walk (Patch 1.81/1.49)

★★★★★ Expert
@SimGuruNick The bug starts showing up from level 2 of Movement, I just checked today. At the beginning my Sim's child at level 1 didn't walk jittery, from level 2 instead he started to do it.
Message 23 of 85 (1,533 Views)

Re: Toddler jittery walk (Patch 1.81/1.49)

★★ Pro

Seeing this too. Please remember to send your save to Simguru Nick if you play a vanilla game! 

Message 24 of 85 (1,375 Views)

Re: Broken Toddler walking animations

★★★ Apprentice

This happens to me as well. PC. With mods and CC, haven't tested it vanilla yet, but I don't think I have to, with so many others reporting this happening in vanilla games.. 

This has been a known issue for a long time, that's said to have been fixed, but wasn't. So I just think they should fix it Standard smile What will testing game files do? It's pretty obvious it's a common bug, no?

I really miss the toddler's running animations too. Haven't seen them for a looong time..

Message 25 of 85 (1,330 Views)

★★ Novice

I am still having this issue also as of 12/29/21. And there is no CC or Mods in my game at all as I just downloaded to my new desktop. I started a new game as I have not yet had the time to transfer all my other save files form my laptop. If anyone can direct us on how to fix this I would really appreciate it.

Message 26 of 85 (1,300 Views)

My toddler keeps having a glitchy walk

★★★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? latest
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansion packs except snowy escape, kniffy knitting, dine out, dream home decorator, jungle adventure, outdoor retreat, parenthood, realm of magic, spa day, strangerville, (basically all game packs except the star wars one and vampires), laundry day stuff pack and tiny living
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a toddler, work on their movement skills, and when they walk they will consistently glitch back to their original stance
What happens when the bug occurs? The toddler will start walking and they will glitch back to their original stance making them take extremely small steps. The only time it doesn't happen during their walking is when the toddler is having a stubble animation where they seem to almost be falling forward, the animation will play out entirely without any problem.
What do you expect to see? I expect the toddler to be able to take each step with each foot in front of the other
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

This bug has been happening for me for a while now. It has to have been at least a couple of months. the main issue is it slows the toddler down tremendously because they will take such tiny steps. To describe it a little more, it is almost as if the toddler is walking but they glitch making them look like they are jittering back and forth or side to side. Very few times will the toddler not do this glitch if they are walking. It isn't happening to only of my toddlers either, it happens to both of them in my game currently and has happened to my past toddlers as well. Another weird detail is their movement skill doesn't seem to affect this glitch. I can answer any questions if anyone has any and would love to know if anyone else has been dealing with this issue also. (idk if this is formatted correctly, I've never posted one of these)

Message 27 of 85 (1,241 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform: PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? 50-70% of the time
What is your current game version number? 1.82.99.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansions and stuff packs, all game packs except Journey to Batuu, no kits
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a toddler
What happens when the bug occurs? Toddler walking animation is jittery
What do you expect to see? Normal toddler animations
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now- I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? November patch

Responding to this post because I too am having the same issue. Also had an issue with my sim carrying her toddler where the toddler got stuck between her legs and her arms were like morphed into her body. Below is my save if it helps.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1SHTdpAy0gSWIg5JYSEP7SxbnIMgRK28S/view?usp=sharing

Message 28 of 85 (1,181 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I have the exact same issues. I thought it was my mods but as I can see other experience this with no mods. 

Message 29 of 85 (996 Views)

EA Staff
Hello @Silver_Doe9453 ,

Have tried to access the save link shared above and looks like the URL doesn't exist, If you are still encountering the issue (without mods), would you mind share the save link via DM ?

If yes here are the instruction to share the file with us: Instructions here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 30 of 85 (944 Views)