[FIXED] Lot taxes seem too low

by MapleSimmer

Original Post

Re: [UNSURE] Lot taxes seem too low

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

@ElecyahHover your cursor over 'Tax Breaks & Penalties' and it will explain in detail for that lot.
TaxBreaks.jpgTaxPenalties.jpg

Message 51 of 114 (6,406 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@janysesAnd it says: 'Bill surcharge Items On Lot.' I still don't understand. What items on her starter house lot can cause that big of a penalty when the mansion dwellers have none?

edit: I don't have the Eco pack, so I sure hope my sim isn't getting penalized for that. Wondering

Message 52 of 114 (6,394 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

@ElecyahSome build mode items decrease your bills, while others increase it. Your starter house must have some of these materials. For example, certain roof types add a surcharge while certain wallpapers provide a discount:
BillSurchargeItem.jpgBillDiscountItem.jpg

Message 53 of 114 (6,335 Views)

Bills very low

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.136.1010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Discover University, Island Living, Get Famous, Seasons, Cats and Dogs, City Living, Get Together, Get to Work, Realm of Magic, Strangerville, Jungle Adventure, Parenthood, Vampires, Dine Out, Spa Day, Outdoor Retreat, Tiny Living, Laundry Day, Fitness Stuff, Vintage Glamour, Kids Room, Romantic Garden, Movie Hangout, Cool Kitchen, Luxury Party, Holiday Celebration, Grim’s Ghoulish Guitar
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Check how much household bills are.
What happens when the bug occurs? My sims have a 200k + simoleon home. Bills are only 400 simoleons.
What do you expect to see? Bills to accurately reflect the price of the home.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Most recent patch

Edit By Crinrict: Fixed Duplicate Template 

Message 54 of 114 (6,295 Views)

★ Guide
@janyses Oh, wow. That's probably it, then. I had not thought to look at *building materials* for it. For me items mean stuff.
Yes, just looked and that it's actually that Corrugated Metal roofing that the house has on. Thank you!
Message 55 of 114 (6,285 Views)

★★★★ Guide

/push (still the basic taxes are at 300 mostly, independent on build textures)

Message 56 of 114 (6,179 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Lot taxes seem too low

★★★★★ Newbie

I agree that this max of $300 For lot taxes has to (hopefully) be a bug. Having high bills helped regulate the game, without it it’s not as easy to spend the money. Please help EA and fix this D: 

I want the bill hierarchy back! 

Message 57 of 114 (6,128 Views)

★★★★ Guide

me too, and we need more options to spend money anyways. the taxes have been the only option to spend higher amounts of money...

not every sims has (and want) to be rich and cheating money away is also not the way it should go (although i use this for my selfcreated, imaginary money system in the sims)

Message 58 of 114 (6,111 Views)

★ Guide

Any lot that insta-wins the Mansion aspiration needs to be paying more than 300 in taxes.

Message 59 of 114 (6,069 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

This is ruining the game for me. I enjoy the challenge of making money to pay off rent but it seems to be the same in whatever size house I play. Is there anyway to fix this?

Message 60 of 114 (5,980 Views)