[FIXED] [JTB] Top-notch Trickery: ID Card vanishes

by hellswomble

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] [JTB] Top-notch Trickery: ID Card vanishes

★★★★ Novice

Yeah, the glitch seems to be for console players only.  The problem isn't actually about getting into the first order area its that the objective wont activate.  I have a high hacking skill and was able to get in but without the ID card you cant choose the objective you wish to complete.  I find it really disappointing that EA is not fixing this while they are still releasing more DLC

Message 81 of 114 (1,295 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Can anyone experiencing this issue possibly share a save file with me where it's occurring? You can DM me the link to your save, thanks for the help!

Instructions for sending me your save: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Tea...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 82 of 114 (1,275 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Hi, Simgurunick

Thank you for getting in touch with us I have never uploaded a video from my playstation before but I will attempt to do so and try to get it to you sometime this weekend.  Once again thank you for reaching out to us.

Message 83 of 114 (1,261 Views)

Re: Batuu Mission Bug?

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Hello,
I have the same bug
yet I have the skills to the maximum

Frown

I am on PS4 and I have the same problem: the id card vanishes while loading. Whether I buy it or play sabacc it's the same, I tried with 2 different characters on 2 different parts and always the same bug.

[Posts merged by CM]

Message 84 of 114 (1,228 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi Nick!

I will upload a video of the problem from my xbox later today, but let me give you the exact details of the bug. I expected to see it patched with today's update, and I'm pretty disappointed that it wasn't. I've been waiting for over a month to complete the star wars pack.

1) Obtain Top Notch Trickery Mission (obvs)

2) Go to BlackSpire Outpost and find Hondo Ohnaka in the cantina.

3) Select Hondo and choose the interaction "Challenge to Sabacc for ID"

4) Watch that interaction do absolutely nothing.

5) Manually select the Sabacc table and Play Sabacc With Hondo

6) Wait until you beat him and he gives you the ID card.

7) Check that the ID card is in your inventory.

8) Travel to the First Order District

9) Go to Inventory, card is gone. When you select the First Order Holotable., "Access First Order Plans" is grayed out, and says "You will need to impersonate a First Order Officer to do this"

Even if you change into the uniform, you have to slice the door, and even then, you can't complete the mission because the option is grayed out (assuming due to lack of ID card).

I will come back here and comment after I upload the video.

Message 85 of 114 (1,148 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Just got hit with this bug. On Xbox series X. I've bought 4 or 5 first order IDs from the antiques vendor, even won on from Hondo, but every single time I go to the first order district the ID card is gone from my inventory and the option to Access First Order Plans is greyed out saying I will need to impersonate a First Order Officer to do this. I assume it won't let me do it because there's no ID in my inventory even though I just left the area with one in my inventory. I even purchased a holocron and an ID at the same time just to see if the holocron would vanish too but nope...got to the First Order district and there's the holocron but the ID I bought at the same time has vanished. I'm at a loss what to do here.

Edit: Should add that it now seems like my inventory is taking *alot* longer to open than before doing this quest.

Edit: The Re-editing: So I've tried everything else I could think of. Restarting the quest. Buying the ID then going to the resistance area then to the first order area. Buying the ID and staying in the main area for ages doing things and saving. Saving and restarting the whole game, saving and going to the main menu. It all still results in soon as I go to the First Order area, the First Order ID disappears. Heck I even opened up supply crates to get a fake ID and see if that would work but it doesn't.

I'll also note, I bought the First Order ID, saved the game, restarted the game, loaded back into the Black Spire Outpost and the First Order ID was gone. So I think its loading into any new area makes the ID vanish. Hope it can be fixed soon, although this has been a glitch for a month now so not holding out too much hope.

Message 86 of 114 (1,102 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Same bug. First order id card probably is recognized buy the game as normal game itens so doesn't appear in inventory in batuu.

i’m in ps4

Message 87 of 114 (1,083 Views)

★★ Novice

https://1drv.ms/v/s!AkvGA-ZING4sh2TavIYC9keKDBMK?e=cQ1UOZ

Lemme know if you can't watch it. that's a video of me getting the ID card, traveling, and then it's gone.

Message 88 of 114 (1,012 Views)

Re: [NEEDS SAVES] [JTB] Top-notch Trickery: ID Card vanishes

★★★ Newbie
I have a problem on this mission except it's different I can't seem to find the bribe or fight button to get the uniform :/
Message 89 of 114 (892 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [SW] ID Card vanishes on travelling to first order district

★★★ Newbie

I think the issue is with the id's any time I have an id in my inventory and travel or save and quit they disappear. It doesn't matter if it's a bought fake id or the one I win from Hondo or ones I've found along the way, they all vanish.

Message 90 of 114 (838 Views)