Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [DU] Troubles getting/keeping roommates

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.58.63.1010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a roommate.
What happens when the bug occurs? I have a roommate who keeps complaining that she has needs that aren’t being met but she has a bed. Theres a whole kitchen and two bathrooms in the house. Then a few hours later she says shes leaving. I got up to her immediately and ask her to be my roommate again and she says yes every time then 24 hours later the same thing happens. At first she acted like she couldn’t use the bathroom or sleep in her own bed that was assigned to her. I restarted the game and shes fine and can use every thing but she still gets upset for not reason and leaves all the time. I’ve tried mods on and off including script mods. Nothing. I tried restarting and reloading. Nothing. I don’t know what the problem is and I just hope you can fix it. If not can you please fix it in the next patch because its so annoying. I can’t have roommates until it gets fixed because they leave after a day.
What do you expect to see? It to work properly like it should.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. It came with the University pack.

My sims can’t have roommates because they all always leave after 24 sim hours due to needs not being met but I have everything they need in the house.

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Tag

Message 4 of 108 (45,168 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [LAUNDRY LIST] [DU] Troubles getting/keeping roommates

Hero

Having Roommates can be hard. Have your Sims had Roommates complain constantly
and leave even when their needs are met? Yeah, we made it so that Roommates don’t
do this any longer.

Fixed in Patch 1.77.131/1.44

If you're still experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 108 of 108 (10,300 Views)

All Replies

Sims 4 Discover University Housing Issues with Roommates

★★★★ Novice

Hello Everyone!

I am looking for some feedback/help. 

I am currently playing the newest expansion pack and instead of living in one of the dorms, I am living off campus within the college world. I placed an ad for roommates and when I accept them, almost all of them will leave in less than 24 hours because they are having issues with finding a bed or being able to sleep in one? None of them are blocked, and I don't seem to have issues with the set up and I can even see the roommates names over the beds when hovering the bed, but then they end up leaving? It's super frustrating as I keep having to find new roommates to replace them with....is this a bug? Anyone having the same issues?

Hope what I wrote makes sense? lol

Thanks everyone and happy simming!

Message 1 of 108 (45,550 Views)

Re: Sims 4 Discover University Housing Issues with Roommates

★★★★★ Newbie

Hello! I'm having a similar issue. My roomies were doing just fine since the pack was released, and then today (2 days later) something changed and now they won't take care of themselves. One of them complains of not having a bed, not having a toilet, etc. I'm hoping it's just a bug that will be patched soon. Might just have to kick them out and wait. 

Message 2 of 108 (45,403 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Phew, thank you! I thought I was the only one dealing with it as I couldn't even find a post regarding this! Hopefully soon they will fix it Standard smile

Message 3 of 108 (45,362 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [DU] Roommates complain and leave after 24 hours

[ Edited ]
Hero

@amywatt27 Is this on or off campus (I believe the roommates work in every world, right ?)

Also to be sure that tests are legit, could you also remove all your mods and test a fresh save that never saw any mods to see if you have the same issue ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 108 (45,068 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I am as well. I have a townhouse, my family lives on one side, the rommates on the other. I keep getting complaints that needs aren't being met, despite having tvs, enough beds, a functioning kitchen etc. They keep moving out or just... not sleeping in their beds or showering and then complaining at me. It's getting irritating.

Message 6 of 108 (45,182 Views)

★★★ Novice

Having the same exact issue here. I've been through 4 roommates at this point. Have a bed for them. Have a bathroom. Fully functional kitchen. Even have luxuries that maybe they just want (ie: bookshelf, computer, tv). I don't ever play with mods, they make my game run iffy. So this is a clean save. Not sure where to go from here. I hope there's a patch to fix this very soon. My poor broke sim needs that extra rent income. 

Message 7 of 108 (45,003 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@amywatt27 @SisterhoodOfYAYA I have a home (duplex) with 4 sims (one is a toddler and... oh, my!), 2 dogs, 1 butler, and 3 roomies. Getting the roomies added was a wonky process at points, but I finally got them added.

One of them kept accepting but leaving. I also had some issues with a roommate that I kicked out and I think she got cached in as it took a while and several things I troubleshot - plus leaving and re-entering the game, re-assigning her bed to another roommate, etc., to finally get the option open to advertise for a roommate again - then to have them actually move in.

I also had a few times where each of the other roommates accepted to move in but did not come back. I actually moved out my dogs at one point and did not add the butler until the end - until I had the dogs back in and everyone was staying.

Something else to watch for is that when you add a new roomie sometimes one or more of the others' bed assignments shifted for me. You may want to always make sure that everyone is still assigned a bed after anything that may change this (adding any household members, butler, pets, etc.)

I am not sure of this since I was trying so many things, but I think I also had final success when each roomie was asked by a different household member, even though none of them are in the same room with a household member.

Also, make sure there enough room in the room for them to add a few tabletop things and maybe a floor lamp, as they will want to add a thing or three to their area. Not sure if it causes them an issue if they cannot do this successfully.

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 8 of 108 (44,991 Views)

★★ Novice

I have the same problem! Tongue out

Message 9 of 108 (45,012 Views)

★ Novice

I have a similar problem. I built  an on campus house made it for Birtcheaster and have enough beds but the game did not assign me any roommates. So I thought maybe I need to find some but that was not an option. I was under the impression that roommates were assigned to campus housing. 

Message 10 of 108 (44,980 Views)