Re: [OPEN] External Garbage Cans filling up without needed lot Trait

by Psychotps

Original Post

Re: External Garbage Cans filling up without Eco Lifestyle

★★★★ Expert
@Koztasa Lol. That's certainly a... unique... method of emptying it out!
Message 71 of 153 (1,174 Views)

★★★ Guide

Those without the pack can use testingcheats on to shift-click the trash can and set the state to empty.  Only thing I've found without being forced to apply the lot trait (which requires the pack).

Message 72 of 153 (1,127 Views)

★★★★ Expert
@Abradley745 That cheat doesn't appear for those without ECO Lifestyle.
Message 73 of 153 (1,097 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Same problem for me. I'm on the PS4 with only the base game, and I've been noticing this. I first noticed it when my sim was complaining about "filthy surroundings" while outside, though there was no noticeable trash anywhere. Then I noticed the trash can, but couldn't do anything about it so I sold it and replaced it which removed the moodlet. It was all pointless though, because they keep filling up with no apparent way to fix it. I tried having a sim kick over the can, which seems to remove the visual aspect of things but that's all that changes. After kicking it over I then tried moving it to the household inventory and back, but that just refreshed the visual element.

EA, please stop adding aspects of DLC into your base games if you can't actually use it without buying the DLC.

Message 74 of 153 (1,045 Views)

★★★★ Novice

It's also worth noting that it only takes a single load of garbage for the bin to be considered "full" and make all of outdoors "dirty".

Message 75 of 153 (930 Views)

Re: Outdoor Garbage Cans Not Bottomless/Reduce Recycle trait NOT applied to lot

★★★★ Novice

I go into build mode, sell the trash can and buy a new one.

Message 76 of 153 (870 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Kick the trash can!!

I bought a second outdoor trash can thinking if one filled, the other could be used so that my sims didn't 'not clean up' do gameplay is really smooth. But whenever they get the "dirty surroundings" from a full can, I just send them to kick it. No anger required. They go, kick the can, it falls over, a trash pile spills, they pick up the can, put the pile in it and it's not full anymore! (Aka piled up trash under it) fixed!😅💜

Message 77 of 153 (851 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

It’s happening in my game too I keep rebuying outdoor bins that don’t work. I ended up buying the nano touchless trashcan which doesn’t give the proper money anymore but does get rid of the trash.

Message 78 of 153 (841 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Hi! Check my detailed answer to this thread pg8😊 lmk if it works for you!

Message 79 of 153 (835 Views)

★★★★ Pro
@Koztasa But I can seriously not kick the trash can if the sim isn’t angry or has the hotheaded trait. It doesn’t matter if the trash can is full, the trash can isn’t clickable if the sim isn’t angry or hotheaded. Maybe there are other traits which also makes it possible to kick the trash can, but I haven’t found out which.
Message 80 of 153 (798 Views)