Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [DU] Paying bills in dorms

by IslaRoses

Original Post

★★★★★ Novice

For me, it was the end of second term for $3200 at Drake Hall.

Message 11 of 80 (3,939 Views)

★★ Guide

I'm now playing another household through university, and they do not live in the dorm, so it's perfectly sensible and correct for them to get bills, but something that happened with them made me realize another thing to mention about that bill my dorm twins got. Both times happened after I exited Manage Households where I had been editing university townies. 

So, the twins that lived in the Drake Hall dorm got their weird bill pop-up immediately after I had been editing university townies in Manage Households CAS and loaded back to them. The bills did not arrive through mail, it was a San Myshuno type of pop-up with a guy's (landlord?) head icon. 

The family who should also get bills since they live in a normal house got the bills pop-up the same exact way/moment: I had been editing university townies in Manage Households CAS and then loaded back to the family, the first thing that happens is a bills pop-up.

Could be a coincidence, but thought to mention in case anyone is trying to reproduce the bug.

Message 12 of 80 (3,927 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Thinking about it that’s the same as me. I was using manage worlds to enrol the sister still at home in university and when I returned to dorms there were bills to pay at the dorms. No mail man but just a pop up in the right corner of the screen. 

Message 13 of 80 (3,912 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

I'm having this issue as well. This is the second student sim I have going through university, and I didn't encounter this issue with the first sim. My power just got shut off because of unpaid bills: I didn't have the option to pay them through the dorm mailbox, and the option to pay via phone was greyed out because it said I didn't have enough money, so I deposited funds to cover it. After adding funds I had to travel to a different lot before the option to pay via phone came available. 

My first student attended The Foxbury Institute and lived in the dorms, and didn't have issues. My current student (with the bug) is attending Brightchester and lives in the Wyvern Hall dorms. For whatever reason, it doesn't think I'm currently enrolled either, so when I try to move between dorms it won't let me. My sim is still attending classes and doing homework and passing, so I'm not sure what's going on. 

The only thing I've done differently between the two sims has been hiring a recurring maid service. 

Mods are up to date, I'm playing with MCCC and Weerbesu UI Cheats Extended. I can test again without them, but they didn't cause an issue for my other sim.. so I'm skeptical of them being the cause of the issue. 

Message 14 of 80 (3,893 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I’m not playing with any mods at all and I’ve had the issue so I’m not sure it’s the mods 

Message 15 of 80 (3,878 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I literally just got a bill for like 8,000 simoleons in Wyvern Hall during my rags to riches save and had to cheat the money in to pay the bills🙃🙃

Message 16 of 80 (3,865 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [DU] Paying bills in dorms

★★★ Novice

Also having this problem. I didn't have it with my first sim at Britechester (currently in her second term), but did with my second at Foxbury, living in Tidal Towers, at the beginning of his first term. I'm really confused because he is the only sim in his family, moved out of his starter home, and got a full ride.

Message 17 of 80 (3,844 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I also had this problem but I wasn't editing townies in CAS. It happened to me after saving while my Sim was at Ubrite Commons and quitting the game - once I launched the game, my Sim was given a household bill. I recovered a previous save and avoided saving except when my SIm was at her dorm and the bug hasn't reappeared.

Message 18 of 80 (3,821 Views)

★★ Novice

Had the same issue. My sim is living in Tidal Tower and bills were delivered to him on the first monday. I still haven't played for a full in-game week so I'm not sure if this will happen the next week as well.

Message 19 of 80 (3,804 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I’ve only just sent my Sim to university. He’s been one day in Wyvern Hall and bills have just arrived for 3070. I’m going to have to cheat to be able to pay the bill :-/

Message 20 of 80 (3,783 Views)