Re: Exterior wall corner pieces disappear when not on the lot

by CGrant56

Original Post

Exterior wall corner pieces disappear when not on the lot

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Suomi
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.90.375.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? get to work, get together, city living, cats & dogs, seasons, get famous, island living, discover university, eco lifestyle, snowy escape, cottage living, outdoor retreat, spa day, dine out, vampires, parenthood, jungle adventure, strangerville, realm of magic, star wars: journey to batuu, dream home decorator. luxury party, perfect patio, cool kitchen, spooky, movie hangout, romantic garden, kids room, backyard, vintage glamour, bowling night, fitness, toddler, laundry day, my first pet, moschino, tiny living, nifty knitting, paranormal, throwback fit, country kitchen
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Go to a lot that has a neighbouring lot that has some of the exterior wallpapers that has the corner pieces. The bug occurs when going to build mode straight from the "manage worlds" and when you visit the lot from live mode.
What happens when the bug occurs? When on a lot (build mode or live mode) the neighbouring lots' exterior walls that have the corner pieces glitch so that they disappear. The corner pieces are there when you are on the lot that has them, but disappear when you visit a neighbouring lot. This happens with any lot. For example, if all of the lots on the neighbourhood have some kind of exterior wall that has the corner pieces, they only show on the lot that you are currently on and disappear from all the other neughbourhood lots. When you change to a neughbouring lot, they show on that lot, but not on the previous lot. Basically they show only on the lot that you are on and disappear from all the others. I noticed this on the Crowdad Quarter in Willow Creek, where I had changed the game default lots. Each lot had different types of exterior walls, although all of them had the corner pieces. In "manage worlds" the lots seem normal and the walls have the corner pieces.
What do you expect to see? The corner pieces should be there even when visiting a neighbouring lot.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Here's pictures showing this happen

Message 1 of 2 (615 Views)

Re: Exterior wall corner pieces disappear when not on the lot

Hero

@satuaaaino 

I took a look at this, and you are right.  None of the corner trim shows up unless you are on an active lot.  This is probably by design to keep the graphics rendering load down to improve performance is my guess. 

Message 2 of 2 (555 Views)