by BloonjitsuMaster

Original Post

[DU] [GTW] Cloning Sim with Robo-Arm makes clones have unremovable Robo-Arm

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.73.48.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Discover University, City Living, Get to Work, Realm of Magic, StrangerVille.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Advance in the Scientist career from Get to Work until you unlock the ability to clone Sims with the cloning machine, and build the Robotics skill from Discover University to level 7 so you can craft the Robo-Arm. Then craft a Robo-Arm, equip it to a Sim, and try to clone said Sim with the Robo-Arm still equipped.
What happens when the bug occurs? When I try to clone a Sim who has a Robo-Arm equipped at the time of the cloning, the resulting cloned Sim will permanently have a Robo-Arm equipped which can't be taken off, preventing them from properly wearing full-body outfits. If I click on the clone, the option to remove the Robo-Arm does not appear, and if I get a different Robo-Arm and click on it in the clone's inventory, the option to equip it does not appear. There is, to my knowledge, no way to remove the Robo-Arm from the clone.
What do you expect to see? I expect the Robo-Arm to not be included in the cloning process, or at the very least, I expect it to be removable like it is on the original Sim.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I included a screenshot showing that although the clone clearly has a Robo-Arm equipped, I am not given an option to remove it. There are several Morgyn Ember clones in my household because I was using him along with my main Sim to test how often the bug occurs. I originally discovered the bug when it occurred with my main Sim's evil clone, who I gave black hair and different clothes to indicate her evilness, and who at the time of the screenshot was at work. Including the time I discovered it, it occurred in 3 of the 5 times I cloned someone with the Robo-Arm. The other two times, the newly formed clone did spawn with a Robo-Arm, but the Robo-Arm disappeared as soon as they stepped off of the cloning machine, leaving me with a regular, non-Robo-Armed Sim like how it's supposed to happen. 

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Adjusted Title to fit

Message 1 of 1 (438 Views)