by MissIcewolf

Original Post

[NEEDS INPUT] [CD] Pets first person mode is facing the wrong way

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.62.67.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Everything except for Luxury Stuff and Fitness Stuff.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Toggle the first person mode and switch to a pet.
What happens when the bug occurs? The first person camera is facing from the back of their head instead of in front of their face.
What do you expect to see? I expect the first person camera to be accurately placed in front of their face.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

For quite a while the pets first person cameras have been facing the wrong way, i.e. from back of their necks. I've tried removing mods, resetting files, repairing etc, but the problem remain.

While it's not a game breaking issue, it's still a tiny bit annoying since I enjoy watching from my sims/pets points of view.

EDIT by Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 25 (1,762 Views)

Re: Pets first person mode is upside down

Hero
@MissIcewolf Did you test this without mods installed ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 25 (1,710 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@crinrict Yes, but the problem remained.
Message 3 of 25 (1,688 Views)

Hero
@MissIcewolf As you can't play pets at all, how are you switching to first person mode on a pet without mods ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 25 (1,666 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@crinrict I'm not really sure what you mean. I do not have the mod for playable pets. You are able to switch to the pets point of view with the first person camera, but I'm not controlling the pet. All I wanted to report is that the first person mode is upside down on pets.
Message 5 of 25 (1,652 Views)

Hero
@MissIcewolf I can't really test fpv as I get really sick when doing so but can you tell me how you switch ? You can't just click on the icon of the pet, right ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 25 (1,646 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@MissIcewolf But .... You can't select pets. You can't click on their icon and see anything about them you can only interact with them via a Sim. The only thing I'm thinking might happen is if somehow you switched to first person view and then used a keyboard shortcut to switch active Sims AND that let you switch to them. But that is only a weak theory lol
Message 7 of 25 (1,645 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@crinrict You can go through household members by pressing the arrow keys.
Message 8 of 25 (1,638 Views)

Hero
@MissIcewolf The issue might be that you can select them this way in the first place then.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 25 (1,635 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@Bearpal64 You can't select them no, but in first person mode you can switch to a pets point of view with the arrow keys. But you can't plays them of course. It's just a fun little thing being able to see through their eyes with the first person camera. But now their camera is upside down for some reason.
Message 10 of 25 (1,628 Views)