Accepted Solution

Crashing on Xbox one

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

Product: Apex Legends
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Please specify your platform model. Microsoft Xbox One
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? ChatoV101
Please provide your squad mates' gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name if possible.
Are you using any software with an overlay? No
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)? Revenant
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)?
Where did the issue occur? In a match
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. Southeast of mirage voyage where the water is
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. In the middle of a fight
Did your squad mates also experience the issue? I don't know
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? 2
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) June 9 2020
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
How severe is your issue? Major impacts to gameplay
What happens when the bug occurs? Game freezes and the only way to fix is to exit out and rejoin
What should be happening instead? Not crashing
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I don’t know

Game occasionally freezes. The only way to fix it is to completely exit out and rejoin.

Message 1 of 3 (650 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Crashing on Xbox one

Champion (Retired)
@ChatoV1011
Wow og xbox one let's try few things and see how it goes. I don't understand if it's a connection issue but If it's a freeze with a sound drrrr or crash then follow these steps:

Press the Xbox button to open the guide.
Select System > Settings > System > Console info > Reset console
Select Reset and Keep my Games & Apps.

Select System > Settings > General > Power mode & startup > Power mode > Select Energy-saving

Select System > Settings > System > Console info > Disable enhanced error reporting

My games & apps > Apex Legends > press more options > Manage game & add-ons > Saved data > Reserved space > Clear Reserved space
This might fix any corrupted data.
In-game brightness might reset.

Power Cycle
-Turn off the Xbox One console by pressing the Xbox button on the front of the console for about 10 seconds until it shuts down completely.
-Unplug the console's power cable.
-Press the Xbox button on the front of the console to expel any remaining power.
-Plug in the console's power cable.
-Wait 10 seconds.
-Turn on Xbox.

Another thing you could try is if you play on external hard drive then move the game to internal hard drive.

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (641 Views)

All Replies

Champion (Retired)
@ChatoV1011
Wow og xbox one let's try few things and see how it goes. I don't understand if it's a connection issue but If it's a freeze with a sound drrrr or crash then follow these steps:

Select System > Settings > System > Console info > Reset console
Select Reset and Keep my Games & Apps.

Select System > Settings > General > Power mode & startup > Power mode > Select Energy-saving

Select System > Settings > System > Console info > Disable enhanced error reporting

My games & apps > Apex Legends > press more options > Manage game & add-ons > Saved data > Reserved space > Clear Reserved space
This might fix any corrupted data.
In-game brightness might reset.

Power Cycle
-Turn off the Xbox One console by pressing the Xbox button on the front of the console for about 10 seconds until it shuts down completely.
-Unplug the console's power cable.
-Press the Xbox button on the front of the console to expel any remaining power.
-Plug in the console's power cable.
-Wait 10 seconds.
-Turn on Xbox.

Another thing you could try is if you play on external hard drive then move the game to internal hard drive.
Message 2 of 3 (642 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
@SpyrosFPS I’ve tried all of this and it works for 2-3 games then it happens all over again I’ve had this problem for 4 months now
Message 3 of 3 (374 Views)