[ARCHIVE] Gallery notification list not showing

by SilverWolf0130

Original Post

Re: News tab not working

★★★★ Novice

@simvasion   Had to do this twice but it's now working. Thank you for coming up with this fix Large smile

Message 71 of 134 (2,732 Views)

Re: News tab not working

★★★★ Novice

I deleted the file and all it showed me was things related to my uploads, but now it doesn't work again.

Any new ideas?

Message 72 of 134 (2,692 Views)

Re: Gallery notification list not showing

★★★ Apprentice

Okay, I had repaired my game and that had fixed it. It happened again about a week ago. Repaired game. Fixed it. Today it happened again and it hit me. I think in all three instances, I had downloaded a build from the online gallery (website). I'm going to look at that file that's mentioned in the solutions, but I'm wondering if this is connected.

Message 73 of 134 (2,672 Views)

Re: [CURRENT ISSUE] Gallery notification list not showing

★★★★★ Novice

delete all.jpg

Those still having issues:

I fixed this by selecting DELETE ALL in the IN GAME notifications. Has to be in a game. And you cannot just X each one out. You have to Delete All. I think this might have started after EA let us have more than 200 notifications stored. Not 100% on that , but I do think so. I have not had any problems since I started using Delete All. I do it everything I am done playing a game and have no had this issue again. I can now see messages on the start screen on what EA has  Maxis Faved, if my uploads have been faved/downloaded.. etc.

Message 74 of 134 (2,602 Views)

Champion

@Shakerella  👏Great idea... Seems to work for me too! 👏 I think I will start using a combo of this if I think of it before leaving the game or using @simvasion's method deleting the notify.glob file if I think of it after I've left the game. 🤞🏻

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 75 of 134 (2,594 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I don't think  you have to do it every time, but don't let notifications get full.

Message 76 of 134 (2,546 Views)

Re: Gallery notification list not showing

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

@crinrict me too no gallery notifications

Trying this now ... 

@Shakerella it worked ... TY <3

(merged post, don't forget that you can edit your own post) - Atic 
Message 77 of 134 (2,436 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

@simvasion Thank you, this fixed the issue for me.

Message 78 of 134 (2,262 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
@Shakerella me too
Message 79 of 134 (2,128 Views)

The News Section Of My Gallery Is Blank

★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.136.1010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Discover University, Island Living, Get Famous, Seasons, Cats and Dogs, City Living, Get Together, Jungle Adventure, Parenthood, Dine Out, Spa Day, Tiny Living, My First Pet Stuff, Laundry Day
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Open Gallery and go to the News section.
What happens when the bug occurs? The place where your news shows in the gallery ion the right hand side is blank and gray.
What do you expect to see? My Gallery news.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. It was after the new update with the ladders prior to the release of eco living.

When ever I enter into the gallery, in the news section, Right hand corner, with the notifications are, there is nothing, it is just a grey section now. This started happening after the new update. I need help because I can’t just get a quick update on the gallery. Thank you!

Message 80 of 134 (2,125 Views)