Re: Battlefield V ZA Servers

by l-Bann1k-l

Original Post

★★★ Newbie

Yo! How the hell does EA think we'll be happy playing with 180 ping on an FPS.

Recommission the damn servers, please.

Message 71 of 143 (1,003 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

@PartWeIsh We South Africans played your flawed game for a year and a half. We did not complain, we stood by you and kept playing the game because it was FUN! Now you take away the only reason for us to keep playing, and expect us to keep supporting your franchise? We have a petition going with almost a thousand signatures, but our community is still to small for you to care? We never play EU, and if we get placed there, its because of BFV quick match function placing us in that region. We only play local servers, to keep it fair for our own players and that of EU not to be a high (180 - 250) pinger in their region. Please bring our servers back. We have over a 100 BF 1 server just dormant that you can use for BFV servers.

Message 72 of 143 (962 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Novice

@PartWeIsh

Why so quiet mate?

Refund on time of purchase or decline in revenue for the following new products with bad press.

Whose your marketing manager even? Would like to see his CV, this is incompetency at best, or EA is doing bad and they need to make cuts. 

Bring back the servers? In this time with the world going through a pandemic?

I am sorry to say but i think EA might be mental?

And so is your data stats. Please add the tables and graphs of your so called analytics to make this "business" decision.

Calling you out man.

Waiting on your reply.

Message 73 of 143 (808 Views)

★★★ Novice

Will EA be able to refund us then @PartWeIsh? How can you expect us to pay top tier (in Euros) for cosmetics and deluxe editions, and then simply kill the game a year later without any announcement, feedback or logical explanation from your side?

Would have been more respectful to tell us the truth - your community doesn't have enough players, don't buy enough cosmetics, are not profitable enough for this live service to have your own servers.

Message 74 of 143 (806 Views)

★★★ Novice

It's BS. Will remember when the next game releases.

Message 75 of 143 (1,046 Views)

Re: SA Servers - Battlefield 5

★★ Novice

For the last 3 days the African filter has returned 0 servers.

I can only guess that the servers are either self-isolating, working from home (in Germany) or have been infected with a virus.

Message 76 of 143 (1,692 Views)

★★ Novice

This doesn't address the lack of SA servers.

Message 77 of 143 (1,691 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@LockNLoad5753 This is very true and I know that it is a very big problem if any EA servers could work in SA that would be great, but there just aren't any. There is currently no EA servers at all for BF5 Thanks LocknLoad for bringing this up.
Message 78 of 143 (1,678 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This feels like the 5th nail in the coffin from EA in general. 

There was ZERO warning for this, which is 100% due to the fact that there would have been backlash and then a mini "Oh just wanted to let you guys know" post after the serves are killed?

This is extremely unprofessional from EA's side and I will definitely be stopping my support for the company immediately. 

I may only be one customer, but this is one wallet you will never get money from again. 

Message 79 of 143 (1,015 Views)

★★★ Novice

@PartWeIsh So we must get punished because the BF V matchmaking system is terrible and puts people who probably don't know any better on EU servers. The Dubai decision I can maybe agree with because the distance is nearly half of the distance from here in South Africa to Europe. Perhaps the menu should have had an article stating that the advanced search needs to be used for players in the Africa region instead of stupid fluff articles and videos we have all seen for months.

Historically we have seen how your "data" is usually wrong regarding the BF V community and the data excuse rears its head again. On PC there's usually 2 full servers every night and a dedicated community that have been supporting the franchise since BF1942. Cool way to thank us for the support. 

Why don't you connect to a server with +-200ms ping and see if it is a viable experience for an FPS and then comment

Message 80 of 143 (1,004 Views)