Re: Battlefield 5 PC - Crashes while connecting to servers...

by EA_Atic

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Battlefield 5 PC - Crashes while connecting to servers...

★★★ Newbie

Crashes to desktop without errors or codes...

It is through EA Desktop App however. Game is part of the Xbox Gamepass EA Play collection. I went through countless threads and discussions about, my related issue. Seems to only be affected in Multiplayer? I get in to a game sometimes, (weird). Other times, it will crash when it is trying to connect to server. If I am able to connect, sometimes I can play for several minutes. Or more! Usually when, it changes maps is when it will also crash as well. Goes straight to desktop. No error messages. Nothing.

I am at a complete loss of words. So glad I didn't buy this game but, would love to for PC if this crap could be resolved.

Message 1 of 4 (506 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★ Newbie

It is "Direct X 12".  It is unstable.  Running fine with it disabled.  No issues.

View in thread

Message 3 of 4 (450 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Newbie
@o_STaR-TROopspeR_o -=UPDATE=- : I will call customer service 12/20/21, eastern time to give input on issue. So far, ALT+ENTER (small windowed mode) seems to keep the crash from happening. Just have to ALT+ENTER when, spawning in to new map. ALT+ENTER at end of mission (before next mission loads). I don't know why but, it works every single time I do this. EA never bothered to add "FULL SCREEN WINDOWED" as an option. Need to fix this!
Message 2 of 4 (471 Views)

★★★ Newbie

It is "Direct X 12".  It is unstable.  Running fine with it disabled.  No issues.

Message 3 of 4 (451 Views)

EA DICE Team
Thanks for sharing! @o_STaR-TROopspeR_o

/Atic
Message 4 of 4 (314 Views)