Nobody can get into my server

by joesterling333

Original Post

Nobody can get into my server

★★ Novice

My server is showing 2/64 [98] in cue....why? How do we fix this?

Message 1 of 9 (865 Views)

Re: Nobody can get into my server

★★★ Newbie

Check your settings for the server, max players in game to cue size. 

Different server settings 

Message 2 of 9 (811 Views)

EA DICE Team
Message 3 of 9 (802 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@joesterling333 ,  @EA_Atic ,

I do know of the technical details behind this bug, but EA Tech support has not yet gotten back to me.

The poor individuals at the frontline EA Support are not of the caliber to to understand/fix such problems anyway, and it would be wrong to expect them to fix it, as its beyond their reach of tools/access at their disposal.  The last two sessions I had with them they said they had escalated the issue to the tech team, but that is now more than weeks back....   

We have also done thorough tech analytics with the server hosting company (that I am connected with in my region) and we could without a doubt confirm that the technical issue is with the EA backbone/the server side app and their connectivity with the server hosting partner.  As we observe exact same problem/symptoms across multiple regions/platforms it does also hint towards a problem with the BF4 server app itself or the EA setup it relies on.

Happy to share details with the techies via PM... 

Message 4 of 9 (791 Views)

EA DICE Team
Are you talking about PC servers or consoles servers having issue @CyberDyme?

/Atic
Message 5 of 9 (756 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

@EA_Atic wrote:
Are you talking about PC servers or consoles servers having issue @CyberDyme?

/Atic

Hi @EA_Atic ,

I am on the PS console myself, but we have confirmed with the server hosting company that it hints towards a generic problem that causes same problem no matter the platform.  They also observed the same on the PC hosted servers, which could be the case, as we observe exact same problematic symptoms across all the 3 platform.

The specific server side troubles observed:

1. Servers are blocking players from joining, despite they are not filled up.  Aka a 64-player server is maybe only allowing 53 players to join.  Above that, players are put into the queue.  And this situation only deteriorates to fewer and fewer players to be allowed into the active game. In the end, the server do no longer allow anyone to join.
  2. Some (many) players are starting to report that they cannot join servers despite they are not banned on those servers.  After the recent server side update EA sent out, the players observe that it says 'joining server' but in reality the client side software is now frozen and they will never get out of this situation.  Only way is to stop the BF4 application entirely and restart the game.  This issue is actually linked to the error mentioned above on the servers and happy to share if/when the techies would care to engage to truly fix this.
  3. Last but equally devastating is the server instability (it came after the December/January BF4 server side update).  The servers suddenly starts rubberbanding badly, typically going into a total game freeze situation within seconds.  It holds all players in a locked/frozen position.  And typically after 40 seconds to 2 minutes time it will suddenly drop the line connection to all of the players on the server.  In some cases, it actually keeps exact 20 players still on the server.  We have line tested with the server hosting, who confirm that the line from players to them is impeccable!  We can also from our end confirm that the server entity is not missing a heartbeat!  So perfect line quality, zero package loss.  And latency never above aka 22 milli seconds.  And still they observe the BF4 server app suddenly dropping the connection to all the connected players mid game at the same time.

These may not all be having same root cause/be direct connected.  Though the first two mentioned here above certainly are (I can confirm with technical proof).  Server hosting vendor says only engagement from EA side will be able to truly identify/fix the root cause of these troubles.  As they 'only' host the server application and ensure its up and running to agreed up-time and capacity.  And to them, the server entity is running and there is no more things they can do on their side.  I can also confirm that is correct with the technical testing we did over several 48h time periods.  (and where the server crashes were observed also!  Server keeps running, but it drops all connections...) 

Interesting is also to observe that we in all regions observe exact the same problematic error symptoms!

Hence again, hinting towards a generic problem at the infrastructure root of BF4 server software and EA user domain control.  And not being out in the distributed network of server hosters or at user end...

I already reported to EA Support multiple times.  And provided also the log files and emails from the server hosting company who also ask EA to get in contact.

And I never heard back so far..  Now please recall, this is not about me and my connection.  :o)

Its about our global community of dedicated BF4 players and server renters, who loves the game!   Now after BF2042 is confirmed to be BF3/BF4 on steroids, we even observe a huge return of gamers who sees BF4 as a great way to warm up for the next epic chapter in the BF franchise.

Let's not disappoint them.

Message 6 of 9 (727 Views)

★★ Novice

Console

Message 7 of 9 (676 Views)

★★ Novice

Thank you for all the great information!

Message 8 of 9 (675 Views)

EA DICE Team
Still having issues @joesterling333 ?

/Atic
Message 9 of 9 (628 Views)