Re: Key stuck every beginning of a game. [PC]

by DemolitionMitten

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Key stuck every beginning of a game. [PC]

★★★ Novice

Pretty much every time I connect to a new multiplayer Bf4 game, my key 'gets stuck'. For example if I connect to a game and I spawn and press the forward key, it locks me so I'm only able to move forward and not do anything else. I can't shoot, strafe or press the escape key. It just locks me and I can't even stop moving forward if I stop pressing the forward key. Usually after 5-20 seconds I gain the ability to do what ever I want. My 'fix' has been waiting for around 20 seconds every time I connect to a game so I dont have to worry about it when I spawn.

Sometimes it occurs even mid game when I respawn which has even led me to walking of a tall building and dying. It most definitely is NOT a problem with my keyboard since the problem has persisted even when using different keyboards.

Thank you in advance.

Message 1 of 5 (243 Views)

Accepted Solution

Hero

That's a very weird error :D and a new one.

My first suggestion would be to reset all your settings by removing / renaming the settings folder in:

C:\Users\YOURWINDOWSUSERNAME\Documents\Battlefield 4\settings

Then do a clean boot to make sure no background applications are doing something they shouldn't:

help.ea.com/en/article/how-to-clean-boot-your-pc/

carbonic signature

View in thread

Message 2 of 5 (245 Views)

All Replies

Hero

That's a very weird error :D and a new one.

My first suggestion would be to reset all your settings by removing / renaming the settings folder in:

C:\Users\YOURWINDOWSUSERNAME\Documents\Battlefield 4\settings

Then do a clean boot to make sure no background applications are doing something they shouldn't:

help.ea.com/en/article/how-to-clean-boot-your-pc/

carbonic signature

Message 2 of 5 (246 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Aaaalright, well I think I screwed up since I deleted the Setings folder from my documents and now every time I connect to a server it kicks me me out of the game after ~15 seconds stating: ''Game disconnected: you were kicked by PunkBuster. Stated reason: PunkBuster kicked player 'DemolitionMitten' (for 0 minutes) ... RESTRICTION: Service Communication Failure: PnkBstrA.exe RECONNECTEA HELP''. 

At least I was able to move freely without any problems for ~20 seconds...

Edit: I also did the clean boot.

Message 3 of 5 (230 Views)

Hero

That message is because you disabled Punkbuster when you did the clean boot. You have to either do a clean boot without disabling Punkbuster or enter a server that doesn't have Punkbuster running.

carbonic signature

Message 4 of 5 (227 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Novice

Great! I have now restarted my computer a couple of times and joined a few matches and I have not encountered the problem. so it seems my problem has been solved.

Thank you for your help!

Message 5 of 5 (218 Views)