Re: battlefield 3 fps issue

by ragnarok013

Original Post

Accepted Solution

battlefield 3 fps issue

★★★ Newbie

I have been trying to go back to playing battlefield 3. The game, no matter what setting I use, runs at NO MORE than 11 fps constantly. I once saw it jump to 14 fps, and then returned to 11 fps. This is literally unplayable. I can run bf4 on ultra no problem so I dont know whats wrong. I turned off origin in game and saw no change, reinstalled and saw no change, I am running a nvidia laptop gpu so I made sure to force bf3 to use my gpu and saw no change, I made sure on multiple occasions that my drivers are up to date and once again saw no change. I have gone through every thread I could find and nothing has fixed my fps issue.

Specs:

Nvidia GeForce GTX 980M

Nvidia Driver version 390.65

Intel Core i7-6700HQ

32 GB Ram

Windows 10 64 bit

If anyone has suggestions they would be appreciated, I literally just want to enjoy this old game ;(

Message 1 of 3 (547 Views)

Accepted Solution

@AudiGetSideWays2 wrote:

I have been trying to go back to playing battlefield 3. The game, no matter what setting I use, runs at NO MORE than 11 fps constantly. I once saw it jump to 14 fps, and then returned to 11 fps. This is literally unplayable. I can run bf4 on ultra no problem so I dont know whats wrong. I turned off origin in game and saw no change, reinstalled and saw no change, I am running a nvidia laptop gpu so I made sure to force bf3 to use my gpu and saw no change, I made sure on multiple occasions that my drivers are up to date and once again saw no change. I have gone through every thread I could find and nothing has fixed my fps issue.

Specs:

Nvidia GeForce GTX 980M

Intel Core i7-6700HQ

32 GB Ram

Windows 10 64 bit

If anyone has suggestions they would be appreciated, I literally just want to enjoy this old game ;(

Have you made sure that BF3 is running on your 980M instead of the default onboard GPU? Whenver I'm getting horrible frames on my travel gaming laptop it's because the game is using the wrong GPU to render and closing the game and switching GPUs solves my frame rate woes.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Please mark a thread as solved if a post solves your issue.

EA Answers HQ Volunteer Forum Moderator

BF3, BF4, BF1, BFV DICE Friend tag awardee

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Twitter: Ragnarok013

View in thread

Message 3 of 3 (492 Views)

All Replies

Hero (Retired)

@AudiGetSideWays2

Have you tried to run a clean boot on your laptop and check the game?

https://help.ea.com/tr/help/faq/how-to-clean-boot-your-pc/

Message 2 of 3 (525 Views)

@AudiGetSideWays2 wrote:

Specs:

Nvidia GeForce GTX 980M

Intel Core i7-6700HQ

32 GB Ram

Windows 10 64 bit

Have you made sure that BF3 is running on your 980M instead of the default onboard GPU? Whenver I'm getting horrible frames on my travel gaming laptop it's because the game is using the wrong GPU to render and closing the game and switching GPUs solves my frame rate woes.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Please mark a thread as solved if a post solves your issue.

EA Answers HQ Volunteer Forum Moderator

BF3, BF4, BF1, BFV DICE Friend tag awardee

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Twitter: Ragnarok013
Message 3 of 3 (493 Views)