No Weapons bug on PC

by TuffLittleUnit

Original Post

Accepted Solution

No Weapons bug on PC

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Hi

I've been playing BF3 since launch with no problems.

I'm suddenly experiencing a problem where after 2 mins of play my weapons disappear.  There is still a crosshair on the screen but no weapon model and I cannot shoot. When I go to my weapon loadout in game all the slots are blank.  I still seem to be able to deploy medkits, ammo and C4 depending on my class.

I've tried repairing the game from Origin and the problem persists.

I even deleted all local content - Origin, game files, local profiles - everything.  I then reinstalled from the disks and downloaded the Premium content fresh from Origin.  This has worked for a few days but suddenly tonight Origin started crashing so I reinstalled it.  After the Origin install the no weapon error is back.

The odd thing is that for the first few mins in each game I have my full loadout and then blam - everything's gone.  I've tried suicide, changing teams etc but the only solution is to rejoin the server ... which only works for another 2 mins.

I've tried uninstalling my graphics drivers and then reverting to an older version - same problem.  I really am lost.  

I'm wondering if the Origin crash is corrupting either my local config or my cloud profile in some way.

My spec: i7 3770K on Asus Z77 Sabertooth with 8GB RAM.  Nvidia GTX670. Win7 64-bit running from Intel 330 SSD which also hosts Origin and BF3.  Additional OCZ Agility installed for Steam games only.  2TB Samsung HDD for apps/data.

Message 1 of 9 (10,598 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: No Weapons bug on PC

★★★ Newbie

Hi everybody.

I had been having this issue for such a long time I just gave up with Battlefield 3. I am pleased to say I found the fix for mine!

Now I don't know if it will be the same cause for everybody, but I bought the Russian version and then had to patch it for English. The problem was that there was no en.sb file in the Battlefield 3 folder path Data\Win32\Loc (which the Russian version had; a 1GB file!), and none of the patches and patch updaters had that file. 

The representative from the website I bought it (legitimate of course) was adamant the game should work after installing the patches (which by the way added up to about 20 mb of files), but it never did. I either got a black screen upon loading (after stuffing around with different combinations of the Data and Update folder's files, or no guns and nothing I could do about it.

SO FINALLY, I went looking on other websites for patches, and all the English patches were over 1.5 GB! so I downloaded one, took the en.sb from Data\Win32\Loc and put it into the Battlefield's corresponding folder, and hey presto! I may note that I didn't touch any other file after doing the English patches.

So for anybody with this glitch, go to My Computer\C:\Program Files folder, and either in Electronic Arts or Origin Games you'll find Battlefield 3, and just make sure you have this en.sb file. Hopefully this helps others, because I know how frustrating it is haha.

View in thread

Message 9 of 9 (8,033 Views)

All Replies

Hero (Retired)
Message 2 of 9 (10,567 Views)

★★ Novice

Nope - doesn't help.  I ended up doing a completely fresh install from Origin again ... scrubbed absolutely everything and then downloaded it fresh.

This has worked for 2 or 3 days.  Tonight I play about 10 mins of CQ and bam ... no weapons again.  This is seriously UNFUNNY because the game is unplayable with no weapons.  It is clearly not an issue with my hardware or software because all has run well for a couple of days.

Message 3 of 9 (10,561 Views)

Hero (Retired)

try repair install in origin.....

Message 4 of 9 (10,556 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I've seen ppl having this problem since 2011.. Still no fix ?

Tried repairing, reinstalling, reinstalling on other hard drive.

Message 5 of 9 (9,663 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I got the exact same probleme and it was after i played CQ too so it might be some bug with CQ :/

Message 6 of 9 (8,910 Views)

★★★ Newbie

There's a fix for it!! Confusedmileyhappy:

The problem came around after EA updated close quaters. After that they havent fix the glitch with a new update. I repaired the install, i reinstalled the game many times. Repairing the install does not fix it, cuz after your update the game it redownloads the same updated version.

The fix is,

uninstall the game/including installation programs and user info. Make sure there no installation programs left on your computer.

uninstall origin

reinstall origin

reinstall bf3/ and while installing it you can,

go to Origin/application settings/General/unselect automatically keep my games up to date.

then you can install close quaters, after match, etc, buy not the update untill EA release a fix for it.

Message 7 of 9 (8,027 Views)

This is a workaround and not a permanent fix.  When I spawn with no hands and no weapon, I hit the button to switch weapons (Triangle on PS3, “Y” on Xbox, and "2" on PC), the game will hesitate slightly and my hands will appear with my pistol.  I hit the button again and it swaps at normal speed to my primary weapon.  This works every time for me but not always for everyone who has this problem.  I play BF3 on PC, Xbox 360, and PS3 and it works on each platform for me.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Please mark a thread as solved if a post solves your issue.

EA Answers HQ Volunteer Forum Moderator

BF3, BF4, BF1, BFV DICE Friend tag awardee

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Twitter: Ragnarok013
Message 8 of 9 (8,017 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi everybody.

I had been having this issue for such a long time I just gave up with Battlefield 3. I am pleased to say I found the fix for mine!

Now I don't know if it will be the same cause for everybody, but I bought the Russian version and then had to patch it for English. The problem was that there was no en.sb file in the Battlefield 3 folder path Data\Win32\Loc (which the Russian version had; a 1GB file!), and none of the patches and patch updaters had that file. 

The representative from the website I bought it (legitimate of course) was adamant the game should work after installing the patches (which by the way added up to about 20 mb of files), but it never did. I either got a black screen upon loading (after stuffing around with different combinations of the Data and Update folder's files, or no guns and nothing I could do about it.

SO FINALLY, I went looking on other websites for patches, and all the English patches were over 1.5 GB! so I downloaded one, took the en.sb from Data\Win32\Loc and put it into the Battlefield's corresponding folder, and hey presto! I may note that I didn't touch any other file after doing the English patches.

So for anybody with this glitch, go to My Computer\C:\Program Files folder, and either in Electronic Arts or Origin Games you'll find Battlefield 3, and just make sure you have this en.sb file. Hopefully this helps others, because I know how frustrating it is haha.

Message 9 of 9 (8,034 Views)