Re: Invalid license. Reason code = Missing DLL (Asian Lettering) Error: 0x0000007e

by thedokt0r

Original Post

Invalid license. Reason code = Missing DLL (Asian Lettering) Error: 0x0000007e

★★★ Newbie

I have just bought Battlefield 3, After a long download, through which I eagerly awaited its completeion, Trying to launch the game results in this error message"Invalid license. Reason code = Missing DLL (Asian Lettering)  Error:  0x0000007e"

I have tried many things that other people have said worked for them, but none of them have worked for me.
Help please? :c

Message 1 of 23 (27,342 Views)

Re: Invalid license. Reason code = Missing DLL (Asian Lettering) Error: 0x0000007e

★★★ Guide

Downloading CCleaner and clean your registry. http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner

Regards

Message 2 of 23 (27,210 Views)

★★★ Novice

I have the same problem and that didn't work for me...I tried to re-install the game and so much other things, but nothing...Please help! 

Message 3 of 23 (27,158 Views)

★★★ Guide

Maybe this will help. 

[PART 1]

1.go to Installer (located in your BF3 files)

2. Install Direct X

3. Open BF3

4. Should Open to Servers now

[PART 2]

1. Exit Origin completely. You can do this by right-clicking Origin in your system tray (near the clock) and selecting "Exit"

2. Open Internet Explorer (this will only work with Internet Explorer, not other browsers). Enter the following address into your address bar and press "Enter/Return"

C:\ProgramData\Electronic Arts\EA Services\License

3. Delete the file named either 71067.dlf or 70619 or 71069.dlf

4. Restart your machine.

5. Launch Origin and login to your Origin account.

6. Attempt to launch Battlefield 3

[PART 3]

1. Exit Origin completely. You can do this by right-clicking Origin in your system tray (near the clock) and selecting "Exit"

2. Open Internet Explorer (this will only work with Internet Explorer, not other browsers). Enter the following address into your address bar and press "Enter/Return"

C:\ProgramData\Origin\DownloadCache

3. Delete the files in this directory

4. Restart your machine.

5. Launch Origin and login to your Origin account.

6. Attempt to launch Battlefield 3

Regards

Message 4 of 23 (27,142 Views)

★★★ Novice

I have already tried this before, but I tried that again now and still nothing...

Message 5 of 23 (27,135 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Had this problem after updating my System from Win7 32bit to 64bit! After following the instruction in Part 1 my game was working again :D Thanks!

Message 6 of 23 (25,389 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Had the same issue, read LOTS of different fixes on LOTS of different forums/message boards, none of them worked for me so I had to get creative.

Here is what worked for me:

Tried to run dxsetup.exe in "Battlefield 3\__Installer\directx\redist" and it kept giving me an error at the very end of the install when it would say 'Finalizing' which would cause the entire install to fail. After looking at the DirectX log located at "C:\Windows\DirectX.log", I noticed during the failed install there were a lot of the following types of errors for various files when the DirectX installer was trying to copy those files to my system:

infinst: Installing C:\Users\Username\AppData\Local\Temp\DXCBA8.tmp\X3DAudio1_3_x64.inf [DefaultInstall]
infinst: GetFileVersionInfoBlock(): Unable to get FileVersionInfoSize, file: C:\Windows\system32\X3DAudio1_3.dll, reason: 1812.
infinst: Unable to get Version on target file C:\Windows\system32\X3DAudio1_3.dll
infinst: Currently C:\Windows\system32\X3DAudio1_3.dll is newer than the one being installed.

That struck me as odd and potentially being part of the problem so I moved (cut/paste) all of the following files located in "C:\Windows\System32" to a temp folder:

D3DComplier_33.dll - D3DComplier_38.dll
d3dx9_24.dll - D3DX9_38.dll
d3dx10.dll
d3dx10_33.dll - d3dx10_38.dll
x3daudio1_0.dll - x3daudio1_4.dll
xactengine2_0.dll - xactengine2_10.dll
xactengine3_0.dll - xactengine3_1.dll
xinput1_1.dll - xinput1_3.dll

Then I reran the dxsetup.exe and it completed successfully!!!

I then fired up BF3 and DID NOT get the "Invalid license. Reason code = Missing DLL (Asian Lettering) Error: 0x0000007e." pop up box. In fact, a browser with Battlelog popped open and I was able to join a game of BF3 multiplayer!

I really hope this helps someone else that might be experiencing this issue because I haven't been able to find this particular fix that worked for me anywhere on the Internet.

Message 7 of 23 (25,319 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hey Guys, 

I fixed my issues by simply removing the sweetfx graphics mod i was using... Simply removed the files and voila it works no problemo. Shame cause the sweetfx gfx mod looks brilliant. Funny only happened when i upgraded to windows 8.1...... 

Message 8 of 23 (25,290 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I tried Part 1 and also reinstalled Punkbuster and it worked for me.

Owned like 5 people is the MK3 then dipped.

Thanks!

Message 9 of 23 (25,270 Views)

★★ Novice

Lets just be honest, Origin sucks.

After 14 months still not able to play BF3 which cost me 60 UK pounds, and I bought a new graphics card (240 UK Pound) to play this game.

So lets not be little children and call them what they are, failling idiots, after 14 months I should be able to get a refund if this was a fair world.

Unfortunately, these billion dollar companies can not even give some solutions.

EA/Origin you suck

Message 10 of 23 (25,157 Views)