[OPEN] Water Emitter Graphics Glitch

by BryonyRae

Original Post

[OPEN] Water Emitter Graphics Glitch

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

Prior to the 12/4/15 patch, there were some graphical inconsistencies with water emitter effects where if you had several of them grouped together (via bb.moveobjects), you might not see all of the animation effects.  This glitch has gotten much worse post patch.  You may even see a single emitter glitch out, when no bb.moveobjects was used.. Depending upon a combination of your viewing angle, viewing distance, and level, you may not see some or all of the effects.  The video shows a rather complex water emitter set up, but the problem can be duplicated on a more basic level.  Simply place a few emitters in close proximity (dome emitters seem especially prone to displaying the glitch) and go into live mode (you may even see the problem in build mode sometimes, but you are more likely to see it in live mode).  Try viewing them from a variety of distances/angles/levels.  As you swing the camera around, you will likely see the effects pop in and out of existence. 

I know that Maxis is already aware of this bug, but I want to be able to track it, so I wanted to add a report for it.

Video of problem:

Message 1 of 2 (1,530 Views)

Re: Water Emitter Graphics Glitch

Hero

Added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 2 (1,475 Views)